Storyline (Spoilers)

#1The Mark of KriPosted 10/5/2008 9:09:14 AM
What did you guys think?

I was really disspointed in the ending. I got the hospital ending and I was left with a list of probably 30 or so questions left completely unanswered!!

What happened to Elle?

Weiler?

What is the overall connecton to previous games?

Why are the sirens going off and there is no connection to Allessa or anything?

Who are the guys in the suites? Order members? If so, why are they running around silent hill and what is their purpose?

How is Silent Hill bleeding over onto Shepherd's Glen?

Is there a connection to Silent Hill 2 with Pyrmaid Head and the Shepherd name?

Why is Pyrmaid Head barely seen and there is no deeper explanation into why he torments Alex?

Man...

I can go on and on with questions.

I loved the graphics, enemies, controls, everything...but the SH feel is certainly different, and the game was not scary...overall in its own regard I give the game around a 9.5 or so. It was amazing for its own seperate take on SH, but I cant say it compares at all to the other games, including 4.

So, what did you guys this? The Story was good but damn that ending really killed me, what does it all mean? Hell, what happens to Josh!? Another few:

Why is Alex in a mental hospital? So, he killed his bro by accident, so now hes insane? Dont get it.

He thought he was in the war the whole time he was in the hospital???

Well now ive rambled forever, I just feel really left out I dont know what is going on in the game!
---
You must be a fiend
#2takidigits2005Posted 10/5/2008 9:10:43 AM
If you save at the second save point in the prison, you can go back and make the different choices to see all of the endings without playing the entire game over and over.
---
"You know what you do if you catch on fire?
Stop, drop, and roll...For your health!" --- Ch. 5's Doctor Steve Brule
#3The Mark of Kri(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2008 9:17:50 AM
Thanks, and these different endings clear up everything pretty well?
---
You must be a fiend
#4Feta_CheesePosted 10/5/2008 9:43:22 AM
no
they only answer what happens to wheeler (if you save him)
and to elle (you see her alive in an ending)
josh should be dead because you accidently caused his death
it was such a shock that alex was in a mental institution. (ending that makes the most sense to me)
I honestly dont see how it progresses or gives us more understanding for The Order in Silent Hill.
SH1 introduced it
SH2 showed it attracts people linked to it
SH3 continued 1
SH4 showed that SH is sort of expanding
SHO some info on chars and the town
SHH ntn we already knew about the lore, but at least it wasnt as bad gameplay wise as 4.
they are going back in the right direction, they just need to tie the entire story together and finish it already because its sort of getting repetitive and old.
---
Timo - Bilou smells
#5CyricZ(Moderator)Posted 10/5/2008 10:03:27 AM
What did you guys think?

Well, I didn't guess on Josh being dead until the end. Actually I thought that Alex was always dead, since he wasn't in any pictures. In the end, I guess there were some good twists, but I'm kinda used to this at this point, y'know?

What happened to Elle?
Weiler?

If you get the Good Ending, you'll see what happened o them.

What is the overall connecton to previous games?

Hmm, tenuous at best. The story is about a splinter group from the main Order (the religion of SH tied around Samael). Really it's about the families, their pact with Samael to leave the Order, and that they had to sacrifice their children to maintain their separation.

Why are the sirens going off and there is no connection to Allessa or anything?

One could ask the same question about the second game. The air raid sirens in recent games seem to be tied more to the town itself than Alessa.

Who are the guys in the suites? Order members? If so, why are they running around silent hill and what is their purpose?

Yes, Order Members. This is partially a nod to the movie, since the members in that movie also ran around in mining protection suits. These guys are quite simply around to act as enforcers and stop those who would try to ruin the Order's plans. Kind of interesting to take that approach since Order members rarely got directly involved in combat. Not saying it's good, but not saying it's entirely bad, either.

How is Silent Hill bleeding over onto Shepherd's Glen?

Quite simply because Sheperd's Glen was founded by people from Silent Hill, and members of its Order. By breaking the pact they made to be separate from SH, SH has punished them with the same curse that plagues SH itself.

Is there a connection to Silent Hill 2 with Pyrmaid Head and the Shepherd name?
Why is Pyrmaid Head barely seen and there is no deeper explanation into why he torments Alex?

My theory about Pyramid Head is that this is NOT the original PH we saw in SH2. This guy is not a manifestation of James' guilt, but a manifestation of the Samael's punishment. Remember when James first saw the picture of PH that his garb is that of an executioner and a punisher. He's around simply to follow the will of Samael and is participating in the punishment being exacted upon the town. I think the fact that Alex never got too close to him or fought him is a good thing, as it shows that PH really has no direct interest in what Alex is doing; he just wants to do his job.

Which makes the PH ending a little weird, I suppose. It's just a theory.

Hell, what happens to Josh!?

Josh is dead, and has been dead for years.

Why is Alex in a mental hospital? So, he killed his bro by accident, so now hes insane? Dont get it. He thought he was in the war the whole time he was in the hospital???

Yeah, pretty much. Alex's impression of being a soldier away at a war was just a personal delusion he cooked up to further cement his "job" as being someone who protects and looks out for people, an extension of him being a protector of his brother. It's quite possible that being responsible for the accidental death of your own brother could drive you mad. In that madness, Alex convinced himself he could save Josh.

---
CyricZ: Just Huggle It - Just beat it myself, still sorting it out.
#6RoughTrade77Posted 10/6/2008 7:52:12 AM
Why did Alex see his own name on the tomb at the end of the game if, as his mother said earlier, his father did not sacrifice him? Or, if this is all a delusion he's cooked up while in the mental hospital, maybe that is looking for too much real world logic... So is the hospital ending basically saying "it was all a dream"? If so, why is the hospital all creepy and weird in the end, and why does he still have dog tags on? Wouldn't he be in a real-world hospital and not actually a soldier?
#7JimmyCallawayPosted 10/6/2008 7:54:23 AM
His fathers dog tags... But why would his father give Alex his dog tags and not Josh
---
PSN: JD44
MGO: State_Radio
#8GaullerPosted 10/6/2008 8:02:57 AM
He took them.
---
B. O. Davis
#9GaullerPosted 10/6/2008 8:10:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10GaullerPosted 10/6/2008 8:12:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]