how do i beat giant doll?

#1rutgurtPosted 10/2/2008 8:57:53 PM
This boss is very hard. Any tips on strategy here? im getting my a** kicked. I only have 9 bullets, and no health and no shotgun ammo... did i screw myself over? if i have to start at an earlier save i think im just gonna give up. Dont want to go through this stress again..
---
I am an outcast on the path of no return; Punisher and swordsman, I was born to burn
#2NinelnchNaiIsPosted 10/2/2008 8:59:30 PM
Strategy- Really, i don't have much advice yet. Always stay locked on, constantly dodging and strong attacking each leg. I find it best to roll backwards a lot and reset yourself because things go really bad when you go toe to toe for a while. Plus, her slap and earthquake move must be dodged by rolling backwards anyway. When both legs are torn up bad she'll fall over. Hack away at an arm now. When she stands back up, hack her leg so she falls back down. Take out her other arm. Now, drop her one more time and tap whatever button prompted faster than gabe newell can eat a big mac.

Phase 2

Dodge dodge dodge til she goes on the ceiling. STAY LOCKED ON! Right after she screams you'll notice you'll be prompted to dodge. DO IT! Now she's stunned. Strong attack her head. Repeat X3 You're now halfway through SH:H!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icxn8Q08u2A
Final Fantasy fans watch it!
#3rutgurt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2008 9:02:24 PM
hhmm, can this really be done without any health packs....? im stressed... this game really makes me feel uneasy. It really does feel like a nightmare.. I need to turn the volume down.. the sound is getting to me...
---
I am an outcast on the path of no return; Punisher and swordsman, I was born to burn
#4MetroidopolisPosted 10/2/2008 9:05:53 PM
Ugh she's the hardest part so far, I had to use like 4 or 5 health drinks, I just couldn't figure her out. I thought I was doing something wrong just hitting her endlessly, but I eventually realized she just takes a ton of hits. I'm after that part now, and I'm more uneasy because there's a ton of enemies everywhere. They just chase you forever, how can I fight 6 dogs and whatever this other creature is at once?
#5rutgurt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2008 9:08:07 PM
damn! i dont even know how to get to her with that many health drinks... am i screwed?!? I got no health drinks and no way in hell am i going through the nightmare of getting to her again.. if i have to start from an old save, IM FINISHED
---
#6kit25Posted 10/2/2008 9:10:00 PM
Really? ever since silent hill 2 ive never been scared of like anything. which is kinda good :]

i just beat that part and so far nothing in thins game made me jump or creeped out or anything i just bsail through these games :D

anyway i just beat her with the crowbar, no guns and a little less than halfway health, the key to fighting anything in this game is learning the monsters attack pattern and learning when to dodge.
in her second phase this can be tricky, as scarlet attacks very fast. what i did is i kept a safe distance from her, and as the poster before me said rolling backwards helps a lot in that respect and yeah dont even try to attack her during the second phase, and just do that finishing attack 3 times and your done :D

hoped that helped :]
---
The way to a man's heart is to saw his breastplate open.
#7rutgurt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2008 10:34:31 PM
still no luck... this boss is cheap as hell... and its really getting on my nerves... uumm...any invincibility codes? i could use God Mode about now...
---
#8Fredrick2003xPosted 10/2/2008 10:39:58 PM
Its a pretty BS boss yeah but its far from impossible assuming you have some heals and ammo.
#9rutgurt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2008 10:40:45 PM
i got nine handgun bullets and no health packs... so. umm..
---
#10DaraisPosted 10/2/2008 10:41:05 PM
Just Beat Scarlet and yes she was a pain and yes it can be done without any healing items although unless you missed them you should have come across a serum and at least one health drink best advide? dodge use the crowbar as it does mod damage and is faster than the axe the hardest part will be when she does the whole spider thing keep dodgin if you think you can get a few hits in and DONT STAY LOCKED ON you run faster and dodge farther if your not locked onto her the B prompt will still pop up when its time and then its just a matter of turning around and hitting X but keeping her targeted will make you move slower so dont lock onto her.