playing without a CD key?

#1megametroidPosted 9/1/2008 9:34:42 AM
Yesterday at Wal-Mart I saw that they have Clear Sky just sitting there on the shelf, regardless of the fact that it's not supposed to be out for almost a friggin' week, not to mention the recall that pushes it back even farther. If I bought it, would it be possible to play it without a CD-key somehow? Or could I email GSC and get a CD key?
---
- life is but a dream for the dead -
#2JpaperPosted 9/1/2008 9:38:05 AM
They won't let you buy it. I posted about this earlier. i went to 3 different Wal-Marts trying to buy it, and once you get to the checkout, it'll ring up as "sale not allowed".

Lame.

But i guess that's better than getting home to find out you have a $40 coaster.

Lame-o.
#3Lucian04Posted 9/1/2008 9:56:32 AM
Stalker (either shoc or cs) does not require the CD key to play the vanilla game.. It is only required if you plan on playing multiplayer.
#4jacobvandyPosted 9/1/2008 10:56:36 AM
they have it on newegg, and you can buy it, and people have received it already... it just may not have a cdkey, but i don't know anyone who plays the MP anyway..
---
P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
http://www.3ebarchive.com
#51_evil_srtPosted 9/4/2008 7:48:07 AM
seen it yesterday and picked it up from walymary it rang up as invallad so they did a price check for me and i picked it up since wal marts rule is if its on the self its for sale :), there is no cd key on the manual but it ist required to play the vanilla game. so far its a good game its funny seeing all the guys from the first on but much younger lol