After swamp? Can't get past military

#1ShabazzaPosted 9/12/2008 6:26:56 AM
Hi,
I just passed the swamp and I am in the next area after the swamp (where stalker and military are).

I just got out of the cave after I completed the whole swamp stuff and immediately get shot down by a military machine gun at a tower. I can't get left or right, because there are some wires/barriers. I tried to hide behind obstacles but I just can't get past that machine gun.

Anyone knows how to pass there?
#2ivanpeters2003Posted 9/12/2008 6:35:07 AM
Someone suggested in another post that you go back to the swamps and look for another entrance into Cordon, a safer one.
#3IehovahPosted 9/12/2008 6:37:00 AM

Don't bother with a gun. Move to the left so that you are against the fence. Now run down the slope looking out for a break in the fence to your left. Remember that if you are damaged you will stop sprinting, simply press x again. Once you are through the break in the fence run for cover away from the damn gun.

Alternatively, you could try going back through the swamp zone and turning north, in the top right of the swamp there is another entrance to Cordon. There is a guide in the loner base who can take you to Sidorovich's village for a small fee. If you try to pass through the checkpoint at in the center of this level you will be stopped by the stalkers there. It IS possible to jump the fence alongside the rail tracks by sprinting across the track in a perpendicular direction to the tracks direction and jumping as you pass over the rail closest to the fence.

All round, Sidorovich doesn't make it very easy for people to get to him.

#4robairPosted 9/12/2008 8:26:58 AM
I used some rocks and trees for cover on a straight sprint down the hill, then when I got to a tree, I waited. Then with crouch and low crouch I crept away to a good distance then ran like hell!
#5flclempirePosted 9/12/2008 8:44:31 AM
I've read that if you go to the machine gun area and holster ur weapon b4 anything fires at you, they won't fire at you. But i dont have the game yet :D
#6Shabazza(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2008 9:24:26 AM
Thanks.

I just got back and ran through the Stalker outposts and barely got wounded.

btw: I lost my whole Clear Sky faction (they went from friendly to neutral) after I entered the new zone. Is it a bug or just working as intended? Makes no sense imo.
#7IehovahPosted 9/12/2008 9:26:54 AM

That's working as intended.

I know it's a bit clunky but the game breaks off your affiliation with Clear Sky so that you can join other factions. They should still be friendly towards you in that they won't attack and will offer decent prices.

#8Mindcontroll3rPosted 9/14/2008 1:01:26 PM

Hey i have an problem too.When i am in the Cordon and i need to go to the Garbage...I go in it.But i can't????Remember that door that you can go through it to te Garbage?Well i go through it and askes me Do you want to proceed to the next area or something like that...And i have only an option Yes.I press it and then was suppose to load the Garbage.But it just turned me around and i tried it again and it turned me around.Can you pls help me?

#9CommunismFTWPosted 9/14/2008 1:41:40 PM

Mindcontroll3r | Posted 9/14/2008 4:01:26 PM (#008)

Hey i have an problem too.When i am in the Cordon and i need to go to the Garbage...I go in it.But i can't????Remember that door that you can go through it to te Garbage?Well i go through it and askes me Do you want to proceed to the next area or something like that...And i have only an option Yes.I press it and then was suppose to load the Garbage.But it just turned me around and i tried it again and it turned me around.Can you pls help me?

Same. Its a bug, albeit a small one. Save and exit a few times and it opens. Also don't rush the game. I stayed in cordon doing quests and making money for days.
----
---
If you go fowards and I go backwards, we're bound to meet sometime.
#10rootdogPosted 9/14/2008 2:21:20 PM
Iehovah posted...

Alternatively, you could try going back through the swamp zone and turning north, in the top right of the swamp there is another entrance to Cordon. There is a guide in the loner base who can take you to Sidorovich's village for a small fee. If you try to pass through the checkpoint at in the center of this level you will be stopped by the stalkers there. It IS possible to jump the fence alongside the rail tracks by sprinting across the track in a perpendicular direction to the tracks direction and jumping as you pass over the rail closest to the fence.

There also seems to be a way past the fence on the railway bridge above the stalker checkpoint (near the abandoned trains). That's how I got through, though had to kill a stalker who was crouching at that spot (I think he was supposed to be a spotter/sniper for his friends on the checkpoint below).