Reincarnation Aptitude/Stat Boosting

#1riderePosted 4/26/2010 9:26:16 AM
Hey All,

I hit post game this weekened for the first time (woo hoo), and so now I'm looking into maxing out my characters as best as I can. I was reading up on the whole reincarnation thing from a few of the FAQs, and the posted Answer area, and I have a few questions.

1.) I was introduced to the whole "Yellow Bars" thing when reincarnating over the weekend. I read on here that the max for each stat's yellow bar is 40. I was curious if I'll reach this, so long as I keep reincarnating (Lower level reincarnating obviously making the amount of reincarnations needed to cap go up) or if there is a specific way I have to go about doing it? I'm fine reincarnating at my own pace, so long as I know I'll eventually cap those yellow bars.

2.) It was mentioned the cap was 40, but I wasn't able to find a way to actually check the number of the yellow bar. How can I go about doing that?

3.) Last question on the yellow bars, I promise. :P If I reincarnate from one class line to another. (e.g. Thief reincarnating as a Masked Hero), the Yellow Bars don't reset, do they?

4.) I know that stat aptitudes go up by 5% each time you reincarnate a storyline character. Does that include all special characters, including DLC? Do the generic classes gain any aptitude bonuses from reincarnation?

5.) And finally... After the initial 5 reincarnations for special characters, can you equalize all aptitudes for all special characters (meaning having all the special characters all have maxed aptitudes in each stat at 125% or 135% or whatever the cap was) by supplimenting in multiple (perhaps many many many) runs through the class world? Again, I don't mind if it takes longer on some chars, so long as I can equalize them all out.

Sorry for all the questions. I did read up on the information first, but it only generated more questions. :D I'm really interested in trying to max out my special characters, and I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance!

---
PSN: RyanRidere
#2zurcnPosted 4/26/2010 9:57:55 AM
"Lower level reincarnating obviously making the amount of reincarnations needed to cap go up"
you want to level to 9999 to reach the stored levels cap when reincarnating
what the guides say is: (after you've done everything else) reincarnate once and spread your bonuses evenly among all stats to max the yellow bars, then do your last reincarnation where you focus on the stat you want

4.) I know that stat aptitudes go up by 5% each time you reincarnate a storyline character. Does that include all special characters, including DLC? Do the generic classes gain any aptitude bonuses from reincarnation?
all unique chars gain 25% aptitude bonus during the 1st 5 reincarnations
generics do not
(not sure on diez gentleman)

5.)
there is a cap of 255% for aptitudes (iirc)
there is also a cap of +100% per stat from class world bonuses
(the +25% from reincarnation doesn't factor into the +100 cap)

so, a char with 130 initial aptitude will cap out at 230
but if he is a unique and gets + 25 he'll reach the other cap

---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
#3CorkadilePosted 4/26/2010 10:02:32 AM
1) Yellow bars are based on how high the stat was at the time of reincarnation. Mostly, you should just worry about storing levels so you're getting more bonus points for now, you can worry about them on the 2nd to last reincarnation.

2) Look at the stats on the screen when choosing the class, then look what they are on when distributing stat points.

3) They don't reset at all, because they're just based on your stats.

4) Any character who's class you can't change gains 5% a reincarnation to a max of 25%. Generics effectively gain aptitudes by increasing tiers of the class.

5) Every character, unique and generic, gain an additional 100% aptitude to all stats though the Class World. For uniques this equates to a total 125% more (25% from transmigration, 100% from the Class World), generics this is a total of +100% over what the class would normally have. These will cap out at 255%, so even if you should go higher, you won't. they don't all end up equal for everyone, but they sure do end up a hell of a lot higher.
---
This guy is not what he pretends to be. He's the Devil.
#4ridere(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2010 12:16:51 PM
Ah, thanks for the information.

So for the yellow bars, I just need to worry about distributing out the bonus stats at the start. I wasn't sure if it had to do wtih that, or simply what your stats were like before you reincarnated. I'm glad to hear that once you get the yellow stats, you don't lose them. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Sad to hear about the different stat aptitudes, however. I was kind of hoping that I could normalize all of my special characters, so I could use whomever I wanted for whatever roll without having to worry about them being the "best" for it. I'm sure it really doesn't matter once you reach a certain level of powerfulness, but oh well. haha

I unlocked the House of Ordeals last night and got my theif (Highest char I have - following the 1-9999 guide on the forum), but I ended up getting stuck. I carefully made my way up to the top (Thankfully the slimes stopped appearing after awhile), but I threw the last geo block wrong, and I didn't have a way of getting to it, or past that enemy base panel. So I'll have to try again tonight.

---
#5CorkadilePosted 4/26/2010 12:26:12 PM
I'm glad to hear that once you get the yellow stats, you don't lose them.

That's not quite what I said. I said they're based on your stats at time of transmigration. Meaning if you level high one time and transmigrate and have high yellow bars, and then transmigrate at, say. level 200, your bars are going to be a lot lower than they were the previous time. The point of repeated transmigration is not building up the yellow bars, it's building up stored levels for bonus points. Maxing yellow bars is easy, it basically amounts to pumping all your bonus points evenly at the end, leveling to 9999, and then transmigrating.

I was kind of hoping that I could normalize all of my special characters, so I could use whomever I wanted for whatever roll without having to worry about them being the "best" for it.

Evilities would do it anyway, even base-stats and aptitudes didn't.
---
#6ridere(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2010 1:44:11 PM
Do your stored levels ever go down, then? Or with each new reincarnation, will I get more and more bonus stats to allocate at the beginning (Up to a max, perhaps).

So my current understanding, is I'll level up and reincarnate a bunch of times, getting my various skills and runs through the class world. Then when I'm finally content with their skills and such, I level up to 9999, reincarnate, spread the amassed bonus points up evenly among the stats, level up to 9999 again, and on my final reincarnation, I should have maxed yellow bars and can pump all my bonus points into my preferred stat(s)?

Hopefully I understand it now and will just ignore yellow bars for now while I focus on learning skills and such.
---
#7CorkadilePosted 4/26/2010 2:09:53 PM
Stored levels never go down. The max bonus points you get from stored levels is 200, for a total of 186,000 stored levels. You also get 10 for a Genius reincarnation, for a total of 210.*

40 points of yellow bar takes a stat of 280,000 (before equipment, serums, club lead, etc) at time of transmigration. I don't remember how much your stats have to be at level 1 to hit that number, but it's well obtainable.

Frankly, equipment is vastly superior to character stats anyway, so it really doesn't matter. Aptitudes are more important than the stats themselves, since that'll make your equipment (that's already way better than your character's stats) even stronger. It also takes less time to make one "perfect" piece of armor than a "perfect" stat character, and you can then dupe the armor and give it to everyone.

(*I can't remember if there was something else, something about transmigrating to the same class+tier 5 times or something like that for a few more points. Maybe that was D2? I don't remember at the moment.)
---
#8DmonreiPosted 4/27/2010 9:13:05 AM
a small correction to what Cork said, 200 BP is the max you get at 186k stored levels, genius reincarnation, reincarnating to a different proficiency (like a Good for Nothing, for example) would lower the total BP you gain (IIRC, you get a max of 185 with a GFN.) The additional 10 BP is a "reward" for reincarnating into the same class ten times in a row.

Another thing to mention, while YB's are indeed based on stats, keep in mind that certain proficiencies have a max amount. Genius gives you a max of 40/stat whereas a GFN maxes out at 15/stat.
---
Proud member of the Orange Chicken Club (OCC) / PSN: DUQ025
I'll do my best not to mix up other people's Usernames...
#9CorkadilePosted 4/27/2010 10:19:52 AM
Really? The DJ guide rather clearly says 200 from levels + 10 for Genius, but it has been some time since I really did it.
---
#10DmonreiPosted 4/27/2010 10:58:18 AM
I'm thinking you may be right. My memory is telling me that 210 is the max, but my gut is saying that the max is 220 (210 for 186k stored + 10 for reincarnating.) I may need to check my file again later.
---
Proud member of the Orange Chicken Club (OCC) / PSN: DUQ025
I'll do my best not to mix up other people's Usernames...