Question about maximizing an item level

#1cheatermasterPosted 9/16/2010 12:47:59 PM
Is there a major difference if you increase an item's level? For example, I got the best emblem Trapezohedron and I'm doing the item world. But is there a difference if I get the item to level 100, or if I get it all the way to level 200? I just figure just give the item some really good innocents like Gladiator and/or it makes no difference what the item level is cause you'll still be powerful and your all set. Or is there a major difference if I do something like get the item to level 200?
#2Arc_VaranusPosted 9/16/2010 1:13:42 PM
Well, yes. Huge difference. Level 200 would be double 100 really. Also, make sure you double kill every boss on the 10th floor, it REALLY does add a lot, and boosts that 200 bonus even further. However, you don't need to get it to lv200 right away - you only really need to get it to lv150, and the rest you can get during Reverse Pirating. Just make sure your item is at 150 before you reach the last floor and you're golden.

Besides, you're not maximising if you don't go all the way to 200, man. If you're going to be adding maxed out gladiators, do it after you've finished boosting the item.
#3LordRavielPosted 9/16/2010 1:14:51 PM
It is a big bonus.

I believe if I have read the item stat formula corretcly a level 200 item will have alabout 90% more stats (before adding innocents) than a level 100 item with the same topics passed and bosses killed.

Also getting to level 200 is easy in comparison to disgaea 2 with +5, +10 and +15 level spheres, a good variety of mystery room events and the additional level spheres on the reverse pirating stages.
---
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Disgaea 3 progress - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5729069/Disgaea%203.xls
#4Arc_VaranusPosted 9/16/2010 1:21:08 PM
So go do it, man!
#5cheatermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2010 2:44:40 PM
I see. Thanks. But just one question. Do I really have to kill the item god in Land of Carnage? Cause right now I haven't gotten any super powerful characters to beat any enemies in the Land of Carnage item world and also steal an item from him? Cause I was reading the faqs and it says to steal an item from him and kill him in the Land of Carnage.
#6LordRavielPosted 9/16/2010 2:52:31 PM
When it comes to leveling the item, Normal or LoC doesn't matter. The only reason you need to go to the LoC Item world aside from wanting to face stronger enemies is to steal a rank 35+ items from the Item God of the lower rank item.
---
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Disgaea 3 progress - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5729069/Disgaea%203.xls
#7zurcnPosted 9/17/2010 5:25:23 AM
Do I really have to kill the item god in Land of Carnage?
if you want to do a perfect level 200 item you need to kill the item god (can be done on regular item world)

if you want to steal r40 gear you need to go to LoC (you need to enter at floor 99, if you enter at floor 100 it won't work)

you only need to kill LoC item god if you wish to do both at the same time
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou