Team Nova Mailbag: Season 2 discussion: The Revengeance!

#1empireoffirePosted 4/3/2014 2:32:57 PM
The curtains closed, Anna silently consulted with a member of the backstage ninja army.

"All previous audience members have had their memories of interviewees threatening or outright attacking them wiped, the Mankey army is fully fed and bloodthristy, the 'emergency restraints' are on stand-by, the Poke-translating microphones don't need something that you have to kidnap someone for, the 'detailed view' cameras are on standby, a large variety of swimsuits are ready for wearing, and our newest sponsors have been 'persuaded' to be allowed to let us get away with more stuff on live television!"

"Excellent!" cheered Anna. "I have a good feeling about what kind of ratings we're going to get this season! You're dismissed, so get out of here before the show starts."

The ninja saluted and Anna skipped to the center of the stage, grinning all the while.

"I love this job."

---

"And now, let's all give a huge welcome to your host: Anna!"

The curtains were drawn open, and much applause and cheers from the audience filled the air as the spotlights shone on Anna. It wasn't quite a full house, but seeing as this was technically not the first episode of the season yet, it's a wonder that many people decided not to just watch it in the comfort of their own home.

"Welcome, ladies and gents, to the SECOND season of the Team Nova Mailbag!"

More cheers and applause.

"I can guarantee that you're in for a show this season, but we're going to do things a little differently this time around. Behind the scenes, a small council of bigshots are nominating and voting over who gets the pleasure of being here, so our choices of character focuses aren't as... unexpected... as the previous season. Also, a lot has transpired during our between-season-break, so who knows: we might just see a return of certain people from last season, ready for another round of questions poking into their personal lives, and maybe even *ahem* modeling in our slightly-more-routine swimsuit specials."

"...That will conveniently go into effect suspiciously more often when females take the stage. Sex sells, after all", muttered Anna to herself as more cheers drowned her comment out.

"Anyway, we'll return shortly once our next guest is decided upon. See you soon!"

Anna winked as the curtains closed and a TV screen rolled onstage to play commercials from their sponsors.
---
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf
#2empireoffire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 2:34:24 PM
Welcome all to the second season of the Team Nova Mailbag!

In this show, characters from the story are briefly taken out of their world in order to answer questions PMed to the person in control of said character, at which they are then dropped off back in their world exactly the same as they were once before, with no one and nothing noticing their disappearance and all memories of the event wiped from their minds. As such, ALL EVENTS THAT TRANSPIRE IN THE TEAM NOVA MAILBAG ARE NON-CANON!

Since we're doing things slightly differently (and we've got a grand total of 1 newcomer joining us), here are the groundrules: First, we shall name off characters that we ourselves would like to nominate as a possible candidate for an episode centered around them. Then, the characters are listed and voted upon, with majority vote dictating which character gets the spotlight, during which they get to write a post here with the character's arrival on the stage. Then, other users shall send, via PM, questions to be asked to the character to whoever is presently in control of the spotlight character. The person-in-charge then posts the episode in whatever the current main-line episode is after a timespan of however-long-they-feel-like elapses (though take too long and the voting round happens again). Then the process is repeated.

The contents of the episode can be whatever the user-in-charge wants. The only rule is that the questions should be answered as in-character as possible, so feel free to make up scenarios and questions that you feel viewers would see as entertaining, though the "you've been selected!" PM may or may not nudge you in a certain direction because **** it, I'm the headmaster of this and I can abuse powers of suggestion whenever I want.

Also, characters from the previous season are also up for re-nomination, so... Go ahead and nominate Tierno/Celeste/Kath/Neal/Meridia/Grant/Ashley/Duncan/whathaveyou again.
---
#3empireoffire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 2:35:30 PM
So... Start nominating the characters under your control that you're willing to mailbag with.

...That is all... You may start whenever you're ready.
---
#4HHDeceptionPosted 4/3/2014 2:39:34 PM
Nominate any of my characters, save for Celeste since he's already been up once. Galactic will probably be a single unit.
#5empireoffire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 2:42:37 PM
HHDeception posted...
Nominate any of my characters, save for Celeste since he's already been up once. Galactic will probably be a single unit.

I half want Celena if only to see a follow-up to a line made in passing during Yancy's episode

Can I say "Saturn" so that Anna's intel network confuses him with Mars and she prepares a woman's swimsuit for him and everything?
---
#6HHDeceptionPosted 4/3/2014 2:52:05 PM
Only if they actually try to get him to wear it.

And Celena...I'm not sure if I want to do her. She's not really my character, and I was only going to use her minimally to finish Celeste's arc.
#7GX1997Posted 4/3/2014 2:58:52 PM
I'll nominate Meridia, Squirtle, and Maurice. Meridia and Squirtle can have interviews together and seperately, depending on what you guys vote for.

Although I don't suggest also having Squirtle on the set if you ever plan to have Meridia in a swimsuit edition. Unless of course you want the widows of several of the crew trying to collect on their husband's life insurance policies after he goes on a demonic rampage.
---
SS Nuzlocke Team:Blaze,Sentry,Feather,Cotton,Fang
Official Random Keyblade Master of the KH3 board
#8empireoffire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 3:03:19 PM
Also, I'm nominating John Doe/Joshua + his Pokemon, Yancy + her Pokemon, and Hugh - his Pokemon.
---
#9DigiHerokidPosted 4/4/2014 3:29:08 AM
Austin/his pokemon. Ashley/her pokemon. Johnny/His pokemon. Bubba. Nelwon Z. Lacey/her pokemon. Fennel/Musharna. Alexis.Victini. ???.
---
3DS FC 2148-8476-2728
Pokemon X IGN: Austin; https://m.fanfiction.net/u/5353494/MysteryHerokid ;"Love our Lord and America!"
#10empireoffire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 12:10:52 PM
NOTICE: After the end of today, nominations will be temporarily suspended as voting begins. If you want to nominate anyone else, do so now.
---