Excellence in Armament question

#1Mini MousePosted 2/24/2010 3:49:44 AM
I have got every ace weapon in story.
1) Is there any ace weapon in skirmishes?
2) How many royal weapon do I need to get? I've read here, that there are a few weapons for same mission with rank A. I didn't find the list of all royal weapon, does anybody have it? I just don't know, what royal weapon I need, to get this medal.
---
ooh HAWK, don't ever change. nice hawk, nice hawk, BAD HAWK!!
#2Mini Mouse(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2010 5:16:10 AM
And one more question:
I got all recruits, but to get this medal i should unlock all potentials of all recruits, right?
Does it mean, that i must use every recruit in battle, or may be i didn't understand it right
---
oooh HAWK, don't ever change. nice hawk, nice hawk, BAD HAWK!!
#3Gamemaster64Posted 2/25/2010 9:26:05 PM
Yes and no. Yes in Ex hard but they aren't needed for medals so no

There a faqs with all the weapons and how to get them.

Yes you have to use them all since you need to get "Ellet points" to unlock their hidden potentials.
---
I think I might be the most sigged person in the FFXSB right now... -noneofyourbusiness
#4Mini Mouse(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2010 9:21:41 AM
Thanks, i have got the medal with weapons,
All my recruits have all potentials, but i still didn't get the last medal for the recruits. This is weird(
---
ooh HAWK, don't ever change. nice hawk, nice hawk, BAD HAWK!!
#5Gamemaster64Posted 2/26/2010 11:33:35 AM
Well do you have all the recruits? Meaning do you have the 4 hidden ones?
---
I think I might be the most sigged person in the FFXSB right now... -noneofyourbusiness
#6kameradPosted 2/27/2010 12:52:27 PM

You do not need special unlockable weapons. Most are achieved through DLC skirmish missions and special missions. Other than that even the Royal weapons are not worth worrying about, the well spent upgrade toys you get form R&D I personally believe seem to be superior in all ways but accuracy. Royal Lancer/Sniper weapons are worth having. Alicia is best with the most powerful rifles you can give her because of her natually better accuracy, the high power rifle line is best for Alicia, the more accurate one is better for the normal scouts. Most shocktroopers are best with the higher ammo capacity T-Mag series assault weapons because really 15 - 20 rounds of higher damaging bullets? Or 30-35 rounds of slightly less powerful from the T-Mag series? There isn't much of a contest, you can get multi kills easier with T-Mag late level weapons because of their larger magazines, killing one guy and killing another behind him, it's excellent. lol

#7DuneManPosted 2/27/2010 1:12:09 PM
There is an important thing to consider about the T-Mags and its extra ammo though... Specifically, enemy armor absorbs more of the damage. I.e. if the enemy has 10 armor they absorb 200 damage from the firepower machinegun and 350 damage from the T-Mags. Also, the top Royal machineguns have extra range. This is important because it lets you take out crouching shocktroopers who have Atk Dwn weaponry from outside interception fire range if you equip them on shocks with Ultimate Damage.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
*please use the Search Topics option, at the bottom of the page, before posting*
#8wokenPosted 2/27/2010 2:44:24 PM
Mini, are you talking about The Wings of Solidarity medal? If so, I believe you have to start another NG+ (i.e. at least you 3rd playthrough) to actually be awarded the medal. You need the end of game bio updates for the players. It took me a while to figure this one out, too.