Save file after Chapter 7

#1GringoTensaiPosted 5/24/2012 9:02:30 AM
I have tried to beat Batomys over 20 times but I always die so Im wondering if there is anyone who has a save file AFTER that mission that would like to share it.

It would be awesome if anyone could help me.

Peace.
#2Lebowski1Posted 5/24/2012 11:52:42 AM
What are you specifically having trouble with? There's plenty of advice to be gotten here.
---
Go here for my unlevelled, 100% kills playthrough of Valkyria Chronicles: www.youtube.com/Valchronification
#3GringoTensai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 3:16:21 PM
Lebowski1 posted...
What are you specifically having trouble with? There's plenty of advice to be gotten here.

Well when Selveria comes she just kill everyone in mine team.

I've tried hiding and withdrawing my troops but then I dont have guys left to defeat the Batoymys.

I've read guides and everything but I just give up, there is no fun in just trying and dying 20 times more.
#4final_chancePosted 5/24/2012 4:02:51 PM
Hide your soldiers behind the southern-most walls, or the Edelweiss itself. Selvaria won't shoot at it. She heads straight to the Batomys and just camps next to its left side, so make sure to leave the radiator on the right side for last.

Then you can just plug away at it. You can use just the Edelweiss if you want. A team of lancers will go faster though.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#5GringoTensai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 7:16:14 PM
final_chance posted...
Hide your soldiers behind the southern-most walls, or the Edelweiss itself. Selvaria won't shoot at it. She heads straight to the Batomys and just camps next to its left side, so make sure to leave the radiator on the right side for last.

Then you can just plug away at it. You can use just the Edelweiss if you want. A team of lancers will go faster though.

The thing is that I given up, I played the level over 20 times and thats enough. If would try once again and fail I would throw my PS3 out the window.

So save file is my last hope.

I even grinded so I could level up my lancers and scouts before even thought about it wouldnt matter.
#6gambioPosted 5/24/2012 9:27:36 PM
20 times? young ones these days just don't have any endurance. Back in my day we played the same level of "Super Mario: The lost levels" hundreds of times and we liked it!

No seriously, you realize that you can save during the mission? Sure its a cheap way, but there's no reason to play the chapter 20 times if you have that much trouble

Just give it a shot, you are surprised of easy it is, by just blocking Selvaria off
#7final_chancePosted 5/25/2012 3:11:04 AM
Well then sorry. I don't sympathize with you enough to give you a save, if I even had one, which I don't. You are just gonna get stuck on another chapter down the road.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#8GringoTensai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 5:40:00 AM
gambio posted...
20 times? young ones these days just don't have any endurance. Back in my day we played the same level of "Super Mario: The lost levels" hundreds of times and we liked it!

No seriously, you realize that you can save during the mission? Sure its a cheap way, but there's no reason to play the chapter 20 times if you have that much trouble

Just give it a shot, you are surprised of easy it is, by just blocking Selvaria off

young ones? Im 27....

Well the thing is that I work very much so I don't have time to sit and play games hours everyday.... So when I do play I dont want to play the same level ten times more and maybe even failing again!

Its not like playing Mortal Kombat or Tekken and failing on arcade, this level takes a lot of time to complete which I dont have.
#9PaulJAPosted 6/8/2012 5:45:46 PM
Kinda late to the party... but have you tried using the tactics in the walkthrough? Also, how are you failing so many times, unless you're not using mid-battle saves?

This mission was only tough for me when Selvaria came out and massacred my wrongly-positioned troops; but once you know where she goes, it's trivial to hide behind something and let her pass.

If you're stuck on the Batomys itself the walkthrough should help, but I figured this one out for myself. I mean, those radiator fins pretty much scream "shoot here"...
#10gmo7897(Moderator)Posted 6/11/2012 9:38:29 AM
You can position Rosie and Alicia in the trench the runs along the "ramp" to the upper level and most everyone else down in the other trench behind some of the walls down there. Selvaria may get a few cheap shots in, but it's usually nothing too much to worry about, and the Rosie/Alicia pairing will take out most of the reinforcements that come in. Rosie and Alicia are also a little better at ducking, thought I'm not sure if that's a statistical thing or something I just think is happening.

Make sure people are croutching, so they won't take as much damage. If you hide the people in the lower trench well enough, Selvaria won't go out of her way to go after them, as she's more concerned with protecting Max. Make sure you take out the Batomys's machine guns with lancers/the Edelweis and knock out the ruin walls to slow it down. Keep an Engineer/Scout on the Batomys's right side and use it as a shied against Selvaria. Once you've destroyed the radiators, you can likely hit the Batomys from the lower trench with your lancers.

Also note, if you lose any of your squad during combat, try to quickly save them and call for another lancer to go to the southeast main camp, and that lancer can attack the Batomys head-on once the radiators are gone.

It also doesn't hurt to try to bring a sniper to the southeast camp and have him/her pick off the reinforcement lancer and maybe a shocktrooper if at all possible.

As someone else said, though, if you're having trouble with this battle and just want to skip it, you're going to have a hard time in some future battles. They don't get much easier after this.
---
http://www.thisbardstale.com - my blog about my college life
Follow my modding life on twitter: @gmo7897