Anyone wanna battle?

#11GameOzPosted 3/17/2008 11:58:03 AM
Well, I received my Wii Freeloader and this game boots up just fine.

The only problem I have ran into so far is when I try to customize the character. The game will make a load buzzing sound and lock up. (I have to turn the system off) It will do this every time and it also does it on my other import game by the same company, Simple Series Vol. 4)

I am able to play both games but for some reason, I can't get past that issue. I have also noticed that I am rarely unable to eject the game without powering off the Wii first. I will hit the eject button and nothing will happen. Not a huge deal but kind of a pain.

If someone else gets this game and uses the Wii Freeloader, I would be interested to know if you run into any problems.

For the TC...I can figure out most of the menus but if you get bored sometime and want to do some basic translations for the multi-player options, that would be great.

---
No More Heroes is pretty much the greatest game ever made.
#12GameOzPosted 3/17/2008 8:48:12 PM
I played some four player split screen matches for a couple hours and it was a lot of fun. I have been able to change hair color, eye color and skin color, as well as name all four characters with no problems. However, that is the only customization I can do without the game locking up. However, being able to change those things, helps the characters look different enough to make it a better game.

With there being only three maps, things do get a little repetitive, since the areas are fairly small. There also seems to be only three game modes, death match and then two other modes involving flags. One is the first one to get a set number of flags and the other is more of a capture the flag with the last person holding the flag (when time expires) winning. There are options for each game, some being how long the match will last or how many kills to win as well as some other options I can't figure out.

I have seen screen shots of team matches (2vs2) but I have not been able to figure out how to do that yet. I haven't played very much of the single player game as that looks kind of boring. I am guessing that is where you unlock the extra clothing ect. but I doubt I am going to be able to use any of it with the Wii Freeloader.

Just thought I would post this in case anyone else picked this up.
---
#13sonjoolPosted 3/18/2008 5:51:02 PM
That sucks if that part about the freezing up is true. Let's hope it's not a persistent problem.
---
Brawl Code: SAM! 0430-7952-5798
#14GameOzPosted 3/18/2008 8:35:45 PM
^Well maybe it won't happen with your copy. This game is completely playable though, as the customization (clothing) is the only time it happens. I am able to change the appearance of the characters and play all of the modes with no problems.

I have put several hours into this game and that appears to be the only problem. Since it also happens in Simple Series Vol. 4, it makes me think it is a compatibility issue with the Freeloader. At least it doesn't hinder game play.
---
#15sonjoolPosted 3/28/2008 12:53:34 AM
Got the game. Don't know where the FC is located at.

---
Brawl Code: SAM! 0430-7952-5798