Can't join games in multiplayer

#1jmrwackoPosted 10/27/2008 7:24:28 PM
Whenever I try to join games in multiplayer, it says either I disconnected from the server or I have a punkbuster B driver failure. Wtf?
#2jmrwacko(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2008 7:35:50 PM
bump before my post reaches the deep, cold chasm of page 2.
#3TechnoManPosted 10/27/2008 7:37:12 PM
Means one of the Punkbuster services isn't running properly (in this case, the PnkBstrB service).

It may be blocked by your firewall, or a port it is using is not opened, or something weird happened and it got corrupted somehow, or else.
---
This post is possibly/obviously sarcasm, a joke or god knows what else...
#4jmrwacko(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2008 7:44:15 PM
I tried shutting off my firewall and it didnt help. I guess I'll go reinstall punkbuster.
#5jmrwacko(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2008 7:52:16 PM
Great, I updated my far cry 2 pb files and now I can't log into ubi.com or do matchmaking. Awesome. I always have f***ing problems with all this server side ranked BS. EA.com was the same way with battlefield 2. Couldn't play because I would get kicked off servers every two seconds.
#6TechnoManPosted 10/27/2008 7:53:52 PM
Then you have a problem with Punkbuster, not the game itself.
---
This post is possibly/obviously sarcasm, a joke or god knows what else...
#7jmrwacko(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2008 8:00:15 PM
Restarted my comp, and now the game is back to giving me a punkbuster error when I try to join ranked games and a disconnect when I join unranked ones. Ubisoft obviously won't help me, knowing their customer support, so it seems I'm done with this game. Maybe the detractors are right and it does suck. Singleplayer story sure ended on a stupid note.