Can't join games in multiplayer

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 2
  3. Can't join games in multiplayer
7 years ago#1
Whenever I try to join games in multiplayer, it says either I disconnected from the server or I have a punkbuster B driver failure. Wtf?
7 years ago#2
bump before my post reaches the deep, cold chasm of page 2.
7 years ago#3
Means one of the Punkbuster services isn't running properly (in this case, the PnkBstrB service).

It may be blocked by your firewall, or a port it is using is not opened, or something weird happened and it got corrupted somehow, or else.
---
This post is possibly/obviously sarcasm, a joke or god knows what else...
7 years ago#4
I tried shutting off my firewall and it didnt help. I guess I'll go reinstall punkbuster.
7 years ago#5
Great, I updated my far cry 2 pb files and now I can't log into ubi.com or do matchmaking. Awesome. I always have f***ing problems with all this server side ranked BS. EA.com was the same way with battlefield 2. Couldn't play because I would get kicked off servers every two seconds.
7 years ago#6
Then you have a problem with Punkbuster, not the game itself.
---
This post is possibly/obviously sarcasm, a joke or god knows what else...
7 years ago#7
Restarted my comp, and now the game is back to giving me a punkbuster error when I try to join ranked games and a disconnect when I join unranked ones. Ubisoft obviously won't help me, knowing their customer support, so it seems I'm done with this game. Maybe the detractors are right and it does suck. Singleplayer story sure ended on a stupid note.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 2
  3. Can't join games in multiplayer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived