How do I activate DEVMODE?

#1rickGamerPosted 11/11/2008 8:38:21 PM
I thought it would be like Max Payne where you have to type -developer at the end of the shortcut and run the game via the shortcut, so I add -DEVMODE to the end of the shortcut for Far Cry 2 and boot up the game, when I try it out all I get is unknown command?
So does anyone know how to get this to work properly?
---
"It's easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is so much better at the top"
Gamertag- rickGamer
#2Snight01Posted 11/11/2008 9:02:00 PM
im wondering the same damn thing...
#3EndofEternityxxPosted 11/11/2008 9:06:34 PM
-console maybe? Devmode just gives you the developer's console. And -console is a norm in a lot of shooters.
#4CaptainAmerica9Posted 11/11/2008 9:33:36 PM
No CHEATS!
---
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 | NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX | 4GB DDR2 | Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
#5CaptainAmerica9Posted 11/11/2008 9:35:42 PM
okay, some cheats
---
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 | NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX | 4GB DDR2 | Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
#6ElcheatoPosted 11/11/2008 9:36:33 PM
If you're talking about the new thing in the Cheats section, I'm curious too. What I've tried is going into the "My Games" section of Steam (because that's where I bought it from, can't help you otherwise), right-clicking on Far Cry 2, then going to "Set Launch Options" and putting it in there, then launching FC2 from there, not the desktop. Still doesn't work, though. Just putting in the console (hit the tilde key) doesn't do anything either.
---
BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS BORDERLANDS
People who agree: 3
#7TearlowPosted 11/11/2008 10:49:36 PM
Cute...

Not really. Anyway, I doubt that what's been posted there is related to FarCry 2- Most likely some poor soul thought it would work- I might add that in FarCry 1 you had a Devmode by adding it to the shortcut but that was After you edited Devmode.lua to actually recognize the commands like O, P etc.

My guess (Like Farcry 1) This game has no cheats via the Console but you could download a trainer for cheating...

---
What was the Xbox 360 for anyway? Right now all it's good for is as an expensive paper wight. PS3 on the other hand, Whoa! Disgaea ;)
#8friedelPosted 11/11/2008 11:43:19 PM
Some of those cheats just wouldnt work, like "Advance to next Checkpoint"
---
ZURAB FOR PRESIDENT
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/TheRealFriedel/rovers.jpg
#9jeff11111111111Posted 11/12/2008 11:29:41 AM

Here this should help

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6397/t1245973-farcry-devmode-command/

#10FlankerDFMaxPosted 11/12/2008 2:32:43 PM

I won't swear to it, but I believe those instructions (good ones at that) are for people who're playing in XP, NOT in Vista. Games for Windows (thanks for another $hitty idea MS!) don't install in Vista as they do in XP. I can't find a DevMode.lua in my FC 2 directory (don't think there is one). There's no desktop shortcut icon (it appears in the Games Explorer box (another $hitty MS idea), and when you R click on it, there is no "properties" line to select in the pop up menu, and no target line under properties to modify with "-DEVMODE". You can create a shortcut of this GE shortcut, and move that to your desktop. If you R click on this shortcut, there is a properties line to select in the pop up menu, when you do though, the target line is grayed out and you can not modify it with "-DEVMODE".

The only other game shortcut I know of in GFW in Vista is in the Far Cry 2/bin folder. When you R click on this SCI, there is a properties line to select, but NO target line to modify with "-DEVMODE".

If I'm mistaken in this, or there's a workaround for it in Vista, by all means, please post a detailed example of it for me and the thread starter (assuming he's using Vista and not XP) to abuse in single player as we see fit! :lol: TY!

PS: I'm pretty sure you can't cheat in SP; it's not like the AI is going to get pi$$ed and report you. ;)