Intel Core 2 Duo Family
AMD64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom or better
Video card:
NVIDIA 8600 GTS or better
ATIX1900 or better
512 Mb of graphic memory
Memory:
2 GB

the game installes and runs, but it is very slow. i have lowerd the graphic to the minimum and it looks wors the the first half life. but it still runs like its running at higher graphics.

i now i dont have a good graphics card but it shud be able to play this game.

thanks for any help you can give me. i loved this game on the ps3 and i lost my ps3 and want to start playing it again.
---
psn ff_link
#2MeowRabbitPosted 6/2/2009 7:22:02 PM
No.
#3NontoiPosted 6/3/2009 10:12:48 AM
You're running on a laptop. Laptops have never been good for high-end gaming.

Your laptop also doesn't have anything in the way of an actual graphics processor, it's running on an Intel chipset. No, the game will not run well. Lower the resolution and play on the lowest settings, it's the only thing you can do.
---
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you..."
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4266/roxbury.gif
#4giocarePosted 6/3/2009 11:52:22 PM
There's no way you can run any recently released games on that. If you want a desktop PC that can max it out you can put together parts on Newegg for around 400 bucks...
#5shamarmkPosted 6/15/2009 12:25:32 PM
HI, I too have a problem with running a Far Cry 2 game

I have

QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad, 2000 MHz (6 x 333)
4096 MB RAM (2x 2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM )
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (512 MB direct x 10)
500 HDD

Still the game runs too slow ... I know there is a solution it's just I don't know about it.. :)
...is there a fix or something
#6Born LuckyPosted 6/16/2009 6:18:54 AM
You can't run it with a 9800 GT? That's a much better card than I have.

I get between 24 - 35 fps, on very high/4xAA , with a PNY9600gso

Do you have ambient occlusion on, in the nvidia control panel?? That will kill your framerates. I keep it off.
---
Efficiency > Verbosity
#7shamarmkPosted 6/16/2009 8:32:19 AM
Yes It is off...and it's frustrating I can't tell what the problem is the game settings are all set to optimal...tried with medium settings and it's all the same.....whn the game starts with the main menu it is ok the mouse it goes well but as soon as I start the game and then it's awful
#8MagnumPIPosted 6/17/2009 7:32:16 PM

The core power comes from the Mainboard &CPU. A souped up graphics card is only necessary when you havea weak fondation.

FSAA & antistrophing alwaysdemands power since those features are soley handled by the GPU. They're just resource hogs. That's all you're really getting when by high end GPUs. More power for more samplesvia 2D & 3D filtering. It's fine... if you have a super computer.

Ican't provewhy these games have a choice of low to high settings. They use the same amount of system resources either way. They're onlyprogrammed to run one way... maximum resource consumption. I'm staring to believe only exist to give hustle gamers into buying new hardware, but you're not engineer so ofcourse you don't have one.

Some how they always manage to port these games to consoles that use Geforce 3 or equivilanttechnology and oddly enough it runs exceptional with miminal downgrades. Yet this can't be achieved on a PC. I'm being sarcastic.