underground ruins

#1JJYePosted 9/26/2009 4:54:18 PM

hi guys is there a way to go to underground ruins in chapter 8. im in the 1st playthrough now..

#2lobsterfestPosted 9/26/2009 6:29:52 PM
do you mean gladsheim? if so thats not until the 2nd playthrough
---
I enjoy tuna salad
#3JJYe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2009 10:31:12 PM
hmm its in the asgard place i think, the stone dais i dont rely remember wuts it called
#4CobraGTPosted 9/26/2009 11:22:54 PM
There is a sub quest that opens Underground Ruins. It is part I of the Richter Sub Quest. If you did not do the sub quest then the only way to enter Underground Ruins in Chapter 8 is to get a Katz Quest that takes place in that location. If you have the Balacruf Crest, then Underground Ruins is open.

Yes, the dungeon under the dais in Asgard is Underground Ruins.

---
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/CrossboneDiagrams/
#5JJYe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2009 12:00:12 PM
balacruf....isnt it the D quest....cuz i wanna farm some blue fluid from mousse but i think i cant find it in this case now.
#6AkaneJonesPosted 9/27/2009 2:13:55 PM
It depends on the chapter and time you take a quest. I've been messing with other stuff for the past week so I can't tell you about chapter 4-6's quest and I didn't test story movement in chapter 7 and 8. But from what others said, it seem if you don't do Richter's sidequest you can still spawn quests at Underground Ruins and Balacruf Mausoleum. Chapter 4 should be the first option for that, so yes you should get D-S Ranking on those. Since it should be both a Chapter 4 & Chapter 8 location.

However with all that said Underground Ruins on a Katz Quest does not automatically have the Slime group. For the Slime Group check D-Rank = Dwarves' Ore Mine/Frozen Crevasse/Sandy Wind Cave/Underground Ruins/Dynasty Ruins, it might be in others but since I haven't checked other D-Ranks, because you need to be in other chapters beyond 3, I don't know yet. Its A-Rank is Dwarves' Ore Mine/Dynasty Ruins not Underground Ruins.

Although if you want Blue Fluid it's easier to do
D-Rank Sandy Wind Cave/Triet Ruins, Volcanic Cave/Dynasty Ruins/Temple of Earth chests while full up on Spider's Net/Lumber/Frog Eggs/Elemental Fragment, Lizards Tail/Stinger/Slime Oil /Elemental Fragment
Or you can do C-Rank Sandy Wind Cave/Triet Ruins with full Wolf Fur/Frog Eggs/Crawler's Silk/Glittering Sand
#7CobraGTPosted 9/27/2009 3:08:36 PM
The encounter guide is where you should look. It tells you which quests have which encounters. I think that there is an error though about the Slime non alpha group: Mousse only appears in alpha groups Slime-encounters. The faq says A-rank at Dwarves' and Dynasty.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/942210/55868

---
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/CrossboneDiagrams/
#8AkaneJonesPosted 9/27/2009 3:45:00 PM
>I think that there is an error though about the Slime non alpha group: Mousse only appears in alpha groups Slime-encounters.

What I'm 50% Mousse also appear in the Alpha Slime group, because it has no rare encounters other wise. I know for a fact it occurres in the regular Slime group because a spent time fighting and trying to spellbind the bugger on my first trip through Underground ruins.
#9JJYe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2009 4:22:12 PM
ok thx guys, since now there is not a way to get the blue fluid then i ll beat the 1st playthrough. pretty much nothing i cant do in the 1st playthrough. o and by the way, is there a easier way to get rare messages like warlord cuz i think its unlikely to even get one in 50 hours by reloading the game to undo the s rank quests again and again....

oh, and, hmm....i thought the sword icons near the artes have something to do with p. attk, but my jormungandr with 5000 p.attk can only do 6 damage on strong monsters or bosses with the artes hissing miasma.... cuz it gets like 3 a attk ery lv up and now it only has like 400 a attk......can some one explain to me wut happened here?
#10AkaneJonesPosted 9/27/2009 5:16:24 PM
You don't need really Blue Fluid except for making Blue Chamomile and Blue Saffron the rest of them can be stolen/won from the Coliseum.