Complete Katz Quest Treasure FAQ

#1AkaneJonesPosted 9/30/2009 4:32:08 AM
I completed it for referance
D-Rank
(Dwarves' Ore Mine/Underground Ruins/Balacruf Masuleum/Camberto Caves/Temple of Lightning)
A Chests = 1) Stinger 2) Lizard Tail 3) Spider's Net 4) Jar Fragment 5) Elemental Fragment
B Chests = 1) Pebble 2) Cocoon 3) Moss 4) Ink 5) Roc's Feather

(Frozen Crevasse/Temple of Darkness/Toize Valley Mine)
C Chests = 1) Cocoon 2) Moss 3) Fish Scales 4) Pebble 5) Roc's Feather
D Chests = 1) Slime Oil 2) Lumber 3) Frog Eggs 4) Jar Fragment 5) Elemental Fragment

(Sandy Wind Cave/Triet Ruins/Cape Fortress)
E Chests = 1) Pebble 2) Ashes 3) Moss 4) Ink 5) Flower Petals
F Chests = 1) Spider's Net 2) Lumber 3) Frog Eggs 4) Blue Fluid 5) Elemental Fragment

(Volcanic Cave/Dynasty Ruins/Temple of Earth/Temple of Ice)
G Chests = 1) Lizards Tail 2) Stinger 3) Slime Oil 4) Blue Fluid 5) Elemental Fragment
H Chests = 1) Pebble 2) Ashes 3) Moss 4) Fish Scales 5) Flower Petals

C-Rank
(Dwarves' Ore Mine/Underground Ruins/Balacruf Masuleum/Camberto Caves/Temple of Lightning)
A Chests = 1) Dragon's Blood 2) Skull 3) Monster Extract 4) Beautiful Flower 5) Treant Bulb
B Chests = 1) Crawler's Silk 2) Ink 3) Wolf Fur 4) Frog Eggs 5) Old Coin

C Chests = 1) Ink 2) Crawler's Silk 3) Large Scythe 4) Saliva 5) Elemental Fragment
D Chests = 1) Flower Petals 2) Dragon's Blood 3) Glittering Sand 4) Treant Bulb 5) Skull

E Chests = 1) Wolf Fur 2) Frog Eggs 3) Crawler's Silk 4) Glittering Sand 5) Blue Fluid
F Chests = 1) Hawk's Eye 2) Beautiful Flower 3) Spongy Skin 4) Monster Extract 5) Treant Bulb

G Chests = 1) Flower Petals 2) Hawk's Eye 3) Spongy Skin 4) Glittering Sand 5) Monster Extract
H Chests = 1) Saliva 2) Crawler's Silk 3) Ink 4) Large Scythe 5) Mimic Fragment

B-Rank
A Chests = 1) Lizard Tail 2) Wyvern's Skin 3) Animus 4) Undine's Charity 5) Sylph's Mischief
B Chests = 1) Lamia's Tail 2) Lamia's Bracelet 3) Quality Shell 4) Undine's Whisper 5) Gnome's Flip Out

C Chests = 1) Lamia's Tail 2) Harpy's Feather 3) Rough Leather 4) Gnome's Dance 5) Undine's Affection
D Chests = 1) Anima 2) Lamia's Hair Tie 3) Statue Fragment 4) Shadow's Language 5) Volt's Melancholy

E Chests = 1) Crawler's Silk 2) Lamia's Bracelet 3) Musk 4) Undine's Tear 5) Efreet's Help
F Chests = 1) Golem Fragment 2) Ghost's Cloth 3) Lizard Tail 4) Shadow's Walk 5) Aska's Embrace

G Chests = 1) Evil Eye 2) Rough Leather 3) Crawler's Silk 4) Efreet's Hammer 5) Volt's Whim
H Chests = 1) Slime Mold 2) Lamia's Hair Tie 3) Quality Stone 4) Gnome's Dust 5) Celsius' Sigh
#2AkaneJones(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2009 4:34:34 AM
A-Rank
A Chests = 1) Ore 2) Slime Mold 3) Phoenix's Wing 4) Undine's Tears 5) Message: Sage
B Chests = 1) Hawk's Eye 2) Dragon's Claw 3) Demon's Wing 4) Shadow's Walk 5) Message: Artist

C Chests = 1) Insect Fluid 2) Evil Eye 3) Elemental Fragment 4) Celsius' Sigh 5) Message: Fortress
D Chests = 1) Bear Skin 2) Ore 3) Fragrant Wood 4) Efreet's Hammer 5) Message: Mental

E Chests = 1) Saliva 2) Ore 3) Devil's Blood 4) Gnome's Flip Out 5) Message: Strength
F Chests = 1) Spoiled Meat 2) Wyvern's Skin 3) Pure Silver 4) Sylph's Mischief 5) Sylph's Circle

G Chests = 1) Deadly Poison 2) Musk 3) Mimic Fragment 4) Volt's Melancholy 5) Message: Stronghold
H Chests = 1) Ore 2) Moss 3) Ghost's Cloth 4) Gnome's Dance 5) Message: Warlord

S-Rank
A Chests = 1) Evil Eye 2) Fragrant Wood 3) Philosopher's Stone 4) Volt's Melancholy 5) Message: Sage
B Chests = 1) Tree Sap 2) Ogre's Blood 3) Quality Stone 4) Sylph's Circle 5) Message: Near Death

C Chests = 1) Dragon's Blood 2) Demon's Wing 3) Bloody Cloth 4) Quality Stone 5) Message: Mental
D Chests = 1) Strong Bone 2) Demon's Horn 3) Dragon's Anger 4) Philosopher's Stone 5) Message: Stronghold

E Chests = 1) Monster Extract 2) Twisted Horn 3) Anima 4) Quality Stone 5) Message: Warlord
F Chests = 1) Insect Fluid 2) Saliva 3) Animus 4) Philosopher's Stone 5) Message: Fortress

G Chests = 1) Chicken Bones 2) Quality Shell 3) Quality Stone 4) Gnome's Frustration 5) Message: Strength
H Chests = 1) Coral 2) Harpy's Feather 3) Philosopher's Stone 4) Shadow's Walk 5) Message: Artist
#3CobraGTPosted 10/1/2009 11:43:13 AM
I voted to sticky.

---
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/CrossboneDiagrams/
#4beege_manPosted 10/1/2009 3:20:29 PM
As did I.
#5CobraGTPosted 10/10/2009 12:09:37 PM
The reason why there are 5 items listed for each chest is that chests on Katz Quests are different from normal dungeon chests. Twilight Palace is an exception. Each chest has a unique item. For the other Katz Quest chests

*** You have an ENCOUNTER with the chest *** and the chest coughs up an item, one of the items in the list.

If you have 20 (or 30) of the item, you cannot open the chest. Good news, bad news. The good news is that you have a chance to get a better item from the chest. Leave the room. What the chest considers leaving the room varies with dungeon.

I hope that the Katz Quest FAQ will explain the requirement per chest for leaving the room. Usually having the screen black out means that you have left the room.

When you come back to the chest after leaving the room, you have another chance at getting the item that you want.

---
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/CrossboneDiagrams/
#6AkaneJones(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2009 11:02:58 PM
What exactly are you talking about? I don't remember any special conditions for reloading chest. Try Volcanic Cave, leaving room one reloads chests, leaving room two from either exit reloads chests, leaving room three for all four exits reloads chests, leaving side room A reloads chests, leaving side room B reloads chest, and leaving room four reloads chests.

Its possible that warping doesn't count like if you don't defeat the Clay Golems in the right order in Underground Ruins, or that Warp in Triet Ruins. Or maybe I should look at the alter in Temple of Ice or the side rooms in Cape Fortress, although they work in Volcanic Cave so I don't see why. They do some times make you think they don't reload, because they like to give you the same item like ten times.
#7CobraGTPosted 10/10/2009 11:16:25 PM
At Sandy Wind Cave the last room has a ladder. Going up and down the ladder does not seem to change the contents.

At Toize Valley Mine there is a chest in a room and exiting re entering the room does not seem to change the chest.

At Volcanic Cave where the path runs to the last boss, you can change the contents on either end with a round trip. On the other hand running that long path from east to west does not seem to change any of the chests.

I am just saying that it would help to always know transition points.
---
#8AkaneJones(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2009 12:15:51 AM
>At Sandy Wind Cave the last room has a ladder. Going up and down the ladder does not seem to change the contents.
You never changed rooms, the top and bottom are part of the same room unlike the top and bottom in the previous room. Its like saying going up and down the long ladder in Dynasty Ruins didn't change the chest.

>At Toize Valley Mine there is a chest in a room and exiting re entering the room does not seem to change the chest.
Oh that, it's the same as the room in Iselia Human Ranch with the Poison Leech Alpha group, the ToS1 map doesn't reload for those off side rooms. So it doesn't reset the encounters either, just beat the monster outside the door, run in and back out the monster won't respawn yet. I bet it's more like all ToS1 recycled maps with side-rooms do not reload between screen change.

>At Volcanic Cave where the path runs to the last boss, you can change the contents on either end with a round trip. On the other hand running that long path from east to west does not seem to change any of the chests.
I'm not following you, why would run to the final boss then run back to respawn the chest, since its closest to the door and you risk ending the quest by running into it. Just exiting to the third room and back would do it. Unless you mean the previous room but just entering the side rooms is enough.
#9CobraGTPosted 10/11/2009 3:24:24 PM
At Volcanic Cave there is a chest near the corner that has the third boss. The path to the north returns control to you by the last chest.

Maybe I can explain what I am trying to say. You have figured out the rooms and their boundaries in respect to refreshing chest contents. If it is not too tedious to describe and to read, then it would be helpful to have the information about the rooms and their boundaries. I am not sure that it is practical now that we have been discussing it. It might be that it is easier to figure it out than it is to figure out someone else's observations. Anyway that is what I meant to say.

One other request. Repost the bosses,where quests appear and the treasure chest info all on one topic.

---
#10AkaneJones(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2009 9:55:55 PM
>One other request. Repost the bosses,where quests appear and the treasure chest info all on one topic.

I was going to but I need to fix a few things. Also I need Treasure Hunter's Trophy Take Two boss info other wise it'll take a while, well unless Chapter 5 and 6 have other special quests. Actually what are the rank and names of the Mysterious Swordsman quests, other wise they be missing because I'm two quests from chapter 5 for adding that info and updated all C-D Rank so I'm only missing two corrections and the Mysterious Swordsman & Treasure Hunter's Trophy 1 & 2.