100,000 RP implemented after server maintenance, 15 minutes left!

#1CheapGamerPosted 12/16/2008 1:48:06 AM
Apparently the 100,000 RP will just show up on your character. No notice, nothing. It'll just show up as if it's always been there. I'm sure your name will be posted on the official site or something though.

I wonder if they're going to give the 100,000 RP to just anyone, or if there's some kind of requirement, like... there are a lot of Lv0 accounts with no stats whatsoever, that nobody plays, ever... if one of those accounts were to get the 100,000 RP it would be a huge waste. There should be a system in place like... only those with meme, only those with a certain amount of playtime, only those with a certain minimum level (worthless for a Lv3 sloth to get the RP).

I'm really worried that the people who walk away with the 100,000 RP will be randoms/nobodies/unplayed accounts/etc. :-/
---
(M).(E).(T).(A).(L). (G).(E).(A).(R). (O).(N).(L).(I).(N).(E).
#2R1co281Posted 12/16/2008 1:53:02 AM
Well they would have had to log in recently to even be in the drawing >_>...
---
---
PSN: R1co281 ||| Wii Friend Code: 2434 0939 4281 6594
#3CheapGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2008 2:11:30 AM
Well ****, just checked all three of my characters and none of them have it. :-/

It really pisses me off knowing that at least half the people who end up with this ridiculous amount of RP are the people who already have ridiculous amounts. The other half will of course go to the Lv3 sloths and abandoned accounts. -_-

I guess it's kind of a good thing though... if I got 100,000 RP there would be no reason to ever play survival again, and I kind of like the thrill of earning and saving RP... sometimes.
---
#4LC46D82UPosted 12/16/2008 2:12:37 AM
CheapGamer,
You aren't very consistent in the way you think. In another topic you posted in tonight you claim that 1,000 RP is tough to get, then you go on to explain the conditions under which you meant that difficulty (being in a one man clan, playing survival with randoms etc).

You then say that a level 3 sloth has no business getting 100k RP. In my opinion those players would benefit the most because they are getting break that they would typically not receive for some time down the road. Level 3 sloths usually get instantly kicked out of a survival team as soon as they enter ;]

As the other user stated, you had to play during the inital phase of the Commemoration Event to be eligible to enter the drawing. No worries about an inactive player winning the prize.

I always wonder about those prizes they give away at McDonalds on their Fry and Drink containers , if the winning container gets discarded without being played.

---
MetalGear-Online.com
MGO: Hikaru , founder of clan CAMP
#5DemonReacherPosted 12/16/2008 2:12:38 AM
well 100k RP buys a red bret and zombie, so you can still play survival for new gear released, camos etc
---
MGO Jack Reacher-Fox Hound- Level 9/10 ( keeps alternating)
Why is 5 afraid of 6? because 678
#6CheapGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2008 2:16:08 AM
Why are so many people fixated on zombie? Zombie is stupid... it was never cool, it was lame in MGS3, served no purpose, etc. 50K RP for something you won't even see is ridiculous. Zombie facepaint is too similar to black/brown facepaint, no other player will know the difference unless they're looking straight at you...

Besides the fact that splitter looks so much better, zombie will be covered by balaclava, head liner, etc. Not to say Splitter won't as well, but it's 47,000 RP cheaper...
---
#7DemonReacherPosted 12/16/2008 2:22:08 AM
Well it think it looks impressive when i see people with a red beret and zombie face paint, in Eu no glitchers so you know they got it legit. Its more of a symbol really, if you dont like it then don buy it
---
MGO Jack Reacher-Fox Hound- Level 9/10 ( keeps alternating)
Why is 5 afraid of 6? because 678