Can you carry your upgrades into another difficulty in NG+

#1IminyourclosetPosted 4/18/2012 7:05:34 AM(edited)
Can I complete the game on Normal, then keep the upgrades when I switch to Hard? Or do I need to start on Hard mode the first time in order to transfer the upgrades?

In RE4, if you completed the game on Normal, you could restart Normal with all of your equipment, but if you wanted to switch to Hard or Professional, you had to start fresh.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#2PS3Gamer5000Posted 4/21/2012 10:30:42 AM
I haven't played for a good while, but I think you'd have to start from scratch if you started a Hard playthrough. Pretty sure powers just carry over if you're doing a New Game+ of the difficulty level you were playing on.
#3DevilKnightPosted 4/22/2012 4:01:21 AM
Yeah, I just just finished normal and prepared for new game+ for hard; but the + only carries over for normal and below. Hard is a raw playthrough.

I got Platinum for all events on normal. I have only 2 remaining trophies to do in the hard playthrough. Finishing Hard, and finding all landmarks. (normal got stuck on my last 3, so I'm gonna use a landmark map and sweep the thing from top to bottom as soon as the landmarks are collectable)

I'm wondering, how hard is Hard? There are a couple of missions I found annoying enough on normal, (protecting Ragland and the final boss stick out in my memory)

What exactly does the difficulty increase entail? Is it just normal except I take a little more damage, thereby simple enough to get through; or are there other perks and problems? (eg. dramatic damage upgrade on enemies causing a serious difficulty spike in protecting Ragland)

Any problem levels? I'd just like to know ahead of time what I'm in for when I start...
#4PS3Gamer5000Posted 4/22/2012 8:37:48 PM
You seem to take a bit more damage from enemies, and enemies that go down in more than one hit seem a bit more durable. While I died a few times in Hard playthrough, the only thing that really got to me was the final boss. I actually never finished a Hard playthrough because I can't manage to take him down before time runs out.
#5AuronDFPosted 4/30/2012 8:52:37 AM
It's not too bad. I did finish hard. It takes some adjusting to and you will have to hit and run a lot, but it's definitely doable and not nearly as difficult as a lot of other games hardest modes. (Devil May Cry, God of War, etc.)

The last fight is probably the most difficult but still easily achievable with musclemass and spamming throws.
---
"You said it yourself, Kain - there are only two sides to your coin..." -Raziel
http://implicateevolution.com