Trouble Installing

#1domm8429Posted 6/21/2008 5:21:25 PM
So I am sure I am probably the only person to have this problem but thought some computer savvy people might be able to help me fix this. I bought the game for my pc and installed the game, right at the end of the installation some kind of error message came up saying it couldnt finalize the installation. So I reran the installation process and it breezed through in like 5 seconds with a message at the end saying installation had been completed, unfortunately when I went to play the game it said the files were missing or corrupted so I have been trying to reinstall the game again but it keeps asking me if I want to uninstall the file which is weird but I click yes anyway and it wont let me, I keep getting this error message instead:

Error Number: 0x80040702

faild to load DLL: Indiana_Jones_GameExplorerHelper

Setup will now terminate

anyone know what the problem might be and how I might be able to fix it, been wanting to play this game badly and I havent been able to install it yet. Also, I believe I have deleted any file connected to this game from my pc so I am not even sure why it keeps asking me if I want to uninstall it instead of just plain installing it once I insert the game cd.