You can fight with a deck of only traps and spell cards?? wich deck is it???

#1GooderDSPosted 2/10/2008 8:38:57 PM
((O_o))

sorry, im a Yugioh n00b
---
JUS:1074 8771 3903 my name is Silverwolf, Proud Owner of a One Piece Fanatism
CastlevanPoR: 1933 7632 4934
#2MikeSSJ part 3Posted 2/11/2008 5:34:36 AM
What you want to do is use a rather larger deck (about 60 cards) and center it around stalling, putting in cards such as "Swords of Revealing Light", "Nightmare Steel Cage", "Spellbinding Circle", "Shadow Spell", "Gravity Bind", etc...

Basically, you want to prevent your opponent from attacking you until he runs out of cards. At least that's what my spell/trap-card is all about.
---
A dream that comes true is not a real dream
#3BladenytePosted 2/11/2008 7:58:59 AM
"Basically, you want to prevent your opponent from attacking you until he runs out of cards"

uh.. no.. a spell/trap only deck typicaly would be a pure burn deck. lots of traps/quickplay spells/normal spells that lower the health of your opponent.

using it as a stall is just lame, since the best stall cards would be monsters (spirit reaper, marshmallon, gellenduo)
---
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
YGOWC2008: 4940-3944-8333
#4MikeSSJ part 3Posted 2/11/2008 10:00:45 AM
Yeah, that's the alternative.
---
#5BelgianbluePosted 2/11/2008 3:58:52 PM
You guys are new at this game aren't you ? In the game its even possible to build an all spell deck that can beat every player with perfect ease. Its a clockwork control variation (read up on your TCG history if you don't know what that is). Ideally you'd run it with some traps (3xsolemn, 3x Skill Drain, 3x Jar of Greed) and some monsters (outstanding dog Marron, Morphing jar, nimble momonga), to get my duel ranking up past 50%, I devised an all spell version. Its a dream of a deck since it works well in single duelling and in tag duelling because it locks out your partner (keeping him from doing stupid stuff) every bit as much as your opponents.

3x Clock Tower Prison
3x Terraforming
3x Magic Reflector
3x Spell reproduction
3x Nightmare's Steel Cage
2x Level Limit Area B
1x Swords of Revealing light
1x Scapegoat
3x Wave-Motion Cannon
3x Upstart Goblin
2x Fissure
3x Smashing Ground
1x Pot of Greed
3x Toon Table of Contents
2x Shield Crush
3x Prohibition.

The plan is simple : get a clock tower prison and a stall card. Load the clock tower with magic reflectors (which you can re-use thanks to spell repro) and stall for 4 turns. After that, you can't take anymore battle damage. Now wait until you get a wave-motion cannon and it has enough counters on it to finish the opponent off. prohibition can stave off natural enemies like horus and burn cards. Pot and TToC are thinners.

If you play this deck for other purposes than just having an all spell deck, then change :
-1 prohibition
-1 Upstart Goblin
-2 Shield Crush
-2 Fissure
-3 Toon Table
-3 Smashing Ground

+1 outstanding Dog marron
+3 Skill Drain
+3 Solemn Judgment
+1 Morphing Jar
+2 Jar of Greed
+3 Nimble Momonga

Apart from fifth gadget (which is plain unbeatable barring god hands), that's the best deck I've played in this game.
#6MikeSSJ part 3Posted 2/12/2008 2:49:11 AM
You guys are new at this game aren't you ?

Not really.
I haven't actually been keeping track of the game for almost two years, however >_>
---
#7Rex5050Posted 2/12/2008 11:36:31 AM
you meant shield crash not shield crush.
---
Elmer Fudd: Shhh, be vewwy, vewwy quiet. I'm gonna welease your thwobbing membuh from its weather pwison.
#8GooderDS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2008 11:52:28 AM
thanks guys ^_^

i thought that a Trap /spell deck was made only with Trap monsters cards

thanks again!!
---
JUS:1074 8771 3903 my name is Silverwolf, Proud Owner of a One Piece Fanatism
CastlevanPoR: 1933 7632 4934
#9BelgianbluePosted 2/12/2008 3:46:34 PM
@Rex : No, I meant shield Crush. I'm aware the game calls it shield crash, because its a translation konami made, given this game is older than the TCG release of Shield Crush. But the actual card in the TCG is called Shield Crush.

Trap monsters aren't extremely good. Barring metal reflect slime to stall and then metamorphing it to cyber end, they are extremely vulnerable, because they are succeptible to monster destruction as well as spell and trap destruction.
More topics from this board...
Let's keep this board Alive!Matty0289547/8 6:34PM