Stuck on Temple of Doom Level 4 (free the slaves)

#1mrcurbstompPosted 6/3/2008 4:15:28 PM
Ok if someone can please help me here, i will be eternally grateful. I'm ready to pull my hair out over this stupid level...

I'm at the part right after you free the first slave, i go into the next room, swing over the lava and use the key to transport some legy thing-y i need to power up the lift in the next room across the lava. Now in the next room there is a wheel and a lift that doesn't work. I know i need to get the lego piece across the gap into the next room but indy can't really jump while holding it. Hopefully someone here knows where i am and can help me out.. Thanks guys
#2mrcurbstomp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2008 4:37:02 PM
*bump*
#3nxtiakPosted 6/3/2008 4:53:29 PM
same here. bump. I don't know how to carry the piece over to the other side!
#4dantheman9856Posted 6/3/2008 4:54:43 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about specifically, but there were two instances where I had this issue.

1. I laid the lego down and jumped across, then used the whip to grab ahold of it. Laid it down again and did again.
2. The other instance is when I tried to do this, but really I didn't need to do it as the piece was supposed to go to a place where I didn't need to use that method.

Hopefully this is clear.
#5dantheman9856Posted 6/3/2008 4:57:41 PM
Is this the room where you need to whip across, get a piece of lego, then turn the crank to wheel the piece across.

If so you simply set the lego piece on platform that is cranked across the pit.
#6nxtiakPosted 6/3/2008 5:07:08 PM
"1. I laid the lego down and jumped across, then used the whip to grab ahold of it. Laid it down again and did again.
2. The other instance is when I tried to do this, but really I didn't need to do it as the piece was supposed to go to a place where I didn't need to use that method."

THANK YOU. The whip that's it!
#7mrcurbstomp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2008 5:11:22 PM
^^^^^^ - You Sir Are my Hero
#8melikeconanPosted 6/3/2008 9:22:25 PM
Anyone know how to beat the end of the section when the guy starts throwing the rock while on the conveyor belt?
---
Gamertag: Melikeconan
#9melikeconanPosted 6/3/2008 9:47:05 PM
Nevermind.
---
Gamertag: Melikeconan
#10KtazyKaosPosted 6/5/2008 10:43:52 PM
nice work. I was at a loss too there.