Cursed by the Hela's Armor - what is it doing to me?

#1BMSiriusPosted 2/27/2009 3:36:49 AM
Hey all,

I got the Hela's Armor and it is a HUGE defense boost to Sancho, plus fire and ice resistance. What is it's cursed effect?

Also, does curse screw with your levelling up in any way? Your stat growth, for example? I have no basis to believe that it does, but I would really like to know.

Thanks!
---
Well, he could have tried the "not be a total jerk" approach to solving his problems. - True Hero of Time
#2TheDarkMessengerPosted 2/27/2009 3:38:40 AM
I know it becomes impossible to remove the item without visiting a church (or probably casting that remove curse spell in this game).

Beyond that, I honestly don't know. It can differ from item to item. There was a helm in 3 that perma-confused, and the hela hammer in 4 was unremovable and, in my experience, never hit anything.
---
yar!
#3BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2009 3:39:29 AM
Perma-confused? I hope you mean, when the item is on...
---
Well, he could have tried the "not be a total jerk" approach to solving his problems. - True Hero of Time
#4Firionel20Posted 2/27/2009 3:39:59 AM
If I'm thinking of the right armour, it reduces your agility to 0. Note that your actual agility is not 0, and it's still going up by level, but while the armour is on it'll be 0. Sancho is pretty slow anyway, so the Hela Armour is actually a decent choice for him.
---
Playing: Dragon Quest: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride over and over again. Dearly missing my PS2 version of that.
#5TheDarkMessengerPosted 2/27/2009 3:41:45 AM
Oh yeah, it wouldn't confuse you unless you had it equipped, in which case that character would have the status effect until they went to a church to get the helm off.

It was still a decent item for solo playing if I remember right because you didn't have any allies to attack, so you would still pretty much just attack the enemies every round anyway, and the helm was a pretty big boost to defense.
---
yar!
#6Firionel20Posted 2/27/2009 3:41:46 AM
and the hela hammer in 4 was unremovable and, in my experience, never hit anything.

There's a Hela Hammer in this game too. What it does is miss or critical. It can be useful against metal slimes, since even though it misses a lot, it has more chance to critical since it's guaranteed when you actually land a hit.
---
Playing: Dragon Quest: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride over and over again. Dearly missing my PS2 version of that.
#7TheDarkMessengerPosted 2/27/2009 3:42:48 AM
Oh yeah I know hela hammer is better now, but i believe it's also not cursed now.

In 4 it was definitely not a 50/50 miss or crit item or else I'm just one unlucky SOB.
---
yar!
#8BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2009 3:43:46 AM
Oh, Firionel, you're right. With the armor on my agility is 0, but if I remove it it turns back to normal. You're also right about Sancho being slow, he has only 35 agility at level 20. Even my level 4 Tuppence is faster. This armor is awesome! Thanks!
---
#9Firionel20Posted 2/27/2009 3:43:50 AM
I don't think it was 50/50, but it was always miss a lot then critical every time if it lands.
---
#10RenkarPosted 2/27/2009 5:36:44 AM
just got the hela hammer...working pretty good so far on sanchez
ran into a couple of metal baubbles but they run away to fast LOL

Jason