How tall were they really?

#1TheSaintsFan2Posted 1/24/2008 9:30:41 AM
Okay, so how tall were the actual people? I mean, I know Zhou Tai wasn't actually 6'7", or Guan Yu 6'9", or Lu Bu 6'11"/7'0". I also know that people of the past from all over the planet were shorter than people are now, so does anybody know any historically accurate heights?
---
"The Great Destroyer is back again!"-Duo Maxwell
#2HelmentPosted 1/24/2008 10:24:04 AM
They are really 6 inches tall maximum. I measured from my LCD.
#3JoHNNYHaTeSuuPosted 1/24/2008 2:27:14 PM
Lu Bu would still kick anyones ass, 6 inches of power

...in the pants
---
GT: JaHKNee HateSuu
#4TheTimelyRainPosted 1/24/2008 2:45:41 PM
or Guan Yu 6'9",

Guan Yu was supposedly a pretty huge dude. The book said he was nine spans tall (with a span being nine inches), which would make him about 6'7" or 6'8" in real life.

But then we get into the question of whether or not the books are to be trusted.
#5Tyek_1230Posted 1/24/2008 3:13:27 PM

TheTimelyRain posted...
or Guan Yu 6'9",

Guan Yu was supposedly a pretty huge dude. The book said he was nine spans tall (with a span being nine inches), which would make him about 6'7" or 6'8" in real life.

But then we get into the question of whether or not the books are to be trusted.

I highly doubt Guan Yu was that tall (even though it is what the novels said)

The average height of Chinese people today is 5 foot 4 inches to 5 foot 7 inches. If this was back in 3rd century China then that number will even be lower, maybe just a little over 5 foot.

I am guessing that Guan Yu and Lu Bu averaged around 5 foot 4 or 5 inches, or around there?

#6mimicsoftPosted 1/25/2008 1:33:47 AM
Chinese foot is about 10 inches in english 1 foot in measurement. My grandma showed me a chinese 1 foot ruler in the past which was used for making clothes... so their description of someone 7.x feet tall in chinese feet measurement is actually equals to just a bit short of 6 feet in modern scale.

Any Chinese tailor probably still have one of those rulers. They also buy it for old style chinese weddings.
#7TheSaintsFan2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 9:48:52 AM
Chinese foot is about 10 inches in english 1 foot in measurement. My grandma showed me a chinese 1 foot ruler in the past which was used for making clothes... so their description of someone 7.x feet tall in chinese feet measurement is actually equals to just a bit short of 6 feet in modern scale.

Any Chinese tailor probably still have one of those rulers. They also buy it for old style chinese weddings.

Well, if that's true, then I'd be near one of the taller warriors even though I'm average height. Yay!
---
"The Great Destroyer is back again!"-Duo Maxwell
More topics from this board...
Horse/Weapon GuideMekano01188834912/26 9:55AM