Healing health, and 4 weapons? id sold out.

#1The_Great_1Posted 3/6/2011 2:51:46 PM

The game has regenerating health(halo,COD)and you can only carry four weapons it seems.... what the hell? Why woud they change..? I understand it cant be like the old games (fast moving etc) because most people dont go for that, but do they have to go as far as making Call of duty magical healing health and a 4 weapon limit?

Games like bioshock and half life have many weapons and are successful with it. Why copy? Screw id, they are dead to me. ... Well at least its not a two weapon limit.

This game looks pretty good, but it makes me sick to see innovaters go as low as copying other games when they made Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake. I shoud have seen this coming, their last games have seem t have lost their way. Wolfenstein seemed to be a mix of old and new school shooters, now I guess they found their place. I havent played the new Wolfenstein beyond the demo, but thatseemed COD-like.A game without healing health is actually good, and if they dont like that at least be creative with the health system like Far Cry 2 was. Or MOH air born. Im tired of these lazy health systems, and it sucks to see id who I used to respect follow other with this cheap health system. Some of you may think this is a joke topic or Im a troll. Neiter, Im just seriously disappointed...is anyone else? I know there are some old school id fans here.

#2specialkid8Posted 3/6/2011 4:05:16 PM
Regenerating health is industry standard for FPS now. What do you mean why would they change? This is a new ip, they can make it however they want to. it doesn't matter what other games from the company have done. I don't feel like regenerating health takes away from the game. As for four weapons, how does that take away from the game? All in all i feel like you are really nit picking here. This game looks amazing and original.
#3The_Great_1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2011 10:02:12 PM

specialkid8 posted...
Regenerating health is industry standard for FPS now. What do you mean why would they change? This is a new ip, they can make it however they want to. it doesn't matter what other games from the company have done. I don't feel like regenerating health takes away from the game. As for four weapons, how does that take away from the game? All in all i feel like you are really nit picking here. This game looks amazing and original.

Regenerating health is standard now? Really when did it become a standard?I love how people see something in various games and claim it to be "standard". Just like how everyone thinks the ability to jump is standard to the shooter genre yet there are some shooters that function perfectly fine without it. Regenerating health is not a must, devs can make a game however they want and it will work out fine. Look at Half life 2, Bioshock, and UT3. Its a shame I can only name those 3 because they are theonly ones I can think of off the top of my head. Just becauseall the games are doing it doesnt mean its a must. Everything done in a game matters.Adding healing health puts an effect on the game.

Why would they change from the way they used to do it? What I mean is how they used to make games, its seems like they aretaking a bit to much fromother gamesjust from the few videos I have seen.

I dont care for the four weapon limit. Everything I have said here is in disappointment towards the direction a development team I used to respect has gone. Im sick of healing health and all the COD-like games, if I cant look to id, (and Epic seems to not care for UT anymore), then who am I to look to? Wouldnt it be nice to have some game were getting shot actually has an impact on how you play? Rather than hiding behind a wall for a few seconds and being perfectly fine? -Think about how absurd healing health is-Wouldnt it be nice if devs said I dont **** what anyone things were gonna do someting different! Yet it will still be good and appealing. Not enough original and daring people out there like Shigiro Miyomoto (sorry if I spelled wrong), that guy is awesome.

Anyway I love shooters... or I used to. I dont know what you like. But I liked the older games. I like some of the new ones, but I like how the older ones were done. I understand their time is over, but I like how some of the things were done, and would love if some of that would remain. Like getting shot actually having an impact as it should! You're getting hit by a gun for crying out loud, it should have more of an effect on gameplay! I dont know if anyone knows this, but guns.....those things kill people..

Yeahas I was saying I dont know what kinds of shooters you like, but the everything has its time, and the CODs time will end and thefans of that will complain about the new game, just as the halo fans complain about COD. Then one day you may be thinking the same things I am.-I mentioned COD cause its the game of now, its an example, I dont know what you like-Heck COD was different when it came out. There was no recharging health and I thik grenades function differently. Then when the next one came out... well, someone played to much halo. They clearly ripped alot from that game. If things change in the future, COD may change as well, and people wont be happy. Im just saying developers need to do what they want rather than follow whats popular.

And you think Rage looks Original? LOL! Serious, look at this game, itdoesnt. It looks like Borderlands, Call of Duty, with a little bit of Bioshock.

#4specialkid8Posted 3/7/2011 4:36:34 AM
I never said regenerating health was a good or a bad tihng, but it is standard now. yes, some games don't use it, but not many. I'm not too old but i do remember the days of health packs in games and i really don't see how this detracts from the game. I despise COD as much as the next guy so i agree there. As for this copying those game. It was in development before Borderlands. I don't see how it copes Bioshock at all, and LOL COD.
#5xOMFGxAxPiratexPosted 3/7/2011 3:27:12 PM(edited)
I wonder if the game was named after TC also can he go 2 sentences without saying CoD?
"CoD" Count: 10
---
GT: xOMFGxAxPiratex
PSN: xOMFGxAxPiratex
#6The_Great_1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2011 4:20:11 PM

specialkid8 posted...
I never said regenerating health was a good or a bad tihng, but it is standard now. yes, some games don't use it, but not many. I'm not too old but i do remember the days of health packs in games and i really don't see how this detracts from the game. I despise COD as much as the next guy so i agree there. As for this copying those game. It was in development before Borderlands. I don't see how it copes Bioshock at all, and LOL COD.

If you believe healing health is a standard now, then thats fine believe what you want. Whether its a "standard" now or not, healing health is not necessary. Id doesnt have to it.

Healing health changes gameplay. What Im saying is putting it in there makes an effect and should be thought about before being placed in a game. Everything should be thought of, not followed, but like drones, everyone follows whats popluar. That's fine for the rest of the drone follower developers, but I expect better from veterans like id.

I didnt say this game copied the others, I said it looks like them. I do say it takes from, or copies a bit of COD. And I said a little bit f bioshock because the ammo types. Reminded me of bioshock. Thats just me, you should have laughed at me there but not for COD, because the healing health and blood around the screen is from COD.

Yeah I did say COD a lot (because id is taking after it now), lol. But it was an example and I dont care for it myself. Had this been 2005 I would use halo as an example. Another game I dont care for.

#7CYBORG112Posted 3/7/2011 4:33:04 PM
I believe carmack said there will be an option to pick regenerating health or oldschool style heathbar in one of his rage presentation videos.
---
Cyborg112 The Legendary Hero Of Robots..
Not Changing My Sig Till My Batterie Dies...
#8Homefree122Posted 3/7/2011 5:51:23 PM

I agree TC. I think that the "magical regenerating health" thing gets old. Games take trial and error, not "Oh **** I got shot, let me go hide to regain health!" And with the "standard" thing, I agree with what you are saying, but it's still bs and takes skill away from the game. Counter Strike is the godfather of modern day FPS's and it didn't have regin health and I'm more than fine with that. With the four weapons only thing... Pretty stupid, but maybe the variety of guns isnt as fast as Borderlands or Fallout; thats just an assumption though.

#9Alex_09Posted 3/7/2011 9:27:39 PM
Call of Duty has more weapons than any other games around other than the few good RPGs made by Bethesda.
#10specialkid8Posted 3/8/2011 6:22:04 AM
COD is not the only, nor the first game to have regenerating health. Stop saying this copies it for that. How do you know they didn't think about it before putting it in. I'm pretty sure they aren't just being "drones". Just because you use something that was in another game does not mean you are ripping off said game.