Motion sickness playing rage on XBox

#1reality-bytesPosted 10/7/2011 7:27:54 PM
I've played many games over the years, but for the very first time in my history of gaming, I got really motion sick yesterday. I'd been playing rage for a few hours and noticed I was getting sick to my stomach and a bad headache, I had to give up and get off to sleep, Next day I was fine so again I decided to play. Same thing, couple of hours and dizziness, queasy stomach, really unpleasant. I'm really enjoying the game but this is ridiculous. I played borderlands, fallout, halo, COD etc etc on the same setup, 52" with 1080 HDMI with nothing like this happening so there is something different about the graphics or the way the movement is presented. I tried reducing the sensitivity of the controller, changing light levels. Anyone else getting this?
#2Slaps_godPosted 10/7/2011 7:31:44 PM
First game that ever made me puke, yes seriously utterly puke, was an old school game called Gex - damn little lizard thing.

FPS for the longest time made me nauseous. But, it gradually got better.

With that said I have went into two easter egg rooms - Wolfenstein and Doom I think and got nauseous right away.

I know it doesn't help you any, but I feel your pain. lol
---
Gt = WildMN34
Waiting to play: Gears of War 3, Rage, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Battlefield 3
#3DrRocketSurgeonPosted 10/7/2011 7:37:50 PM
I did a little the first night, but I haven't had a chance to play longer than an hour at a time yet so I haven't had a real problem. This isn't the first post about this either, so you're not alone friend.
#4manhuntiscoolPosted 10/7/2011 9:44:09 PM
lol
---
KimuraBJJ
#5Scape13Posted 10/7/2011 9:45:51 PM
I think Dead Island was giving a lot of people this effect as well.
#6FobKilleRPosted 10/7/2011 10:11:39 PM
It'll be the depth of field that's probably making you feel sick...
That and turning around too quickly... Not many games have such a huge draw distance.
---
There are no pleasures in a fight but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win - Muhammad Ali
#7Deltron37Posted 10/7/2011 11:24:41 PM
I've played shooters since Doom and haven't heard about this much sickness ever. Crazy. It must be where it runs at 60fps.
---
---Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuu-kyaku!!!
GT- Deltron67
#8ForwardCompassPosted 10/7/2011 11:38:05 PM

To the original poster - yeah I got the same exact thing, but only mildly compared to you. It went away the first night of playing Rage, but was most DEFINITELY due to the "Field of view".

The depth of the game is off, or strange. Something doesn't bode well.

As the virtual reality world progresses - we're going to see a lot more of these things. New consoles being slightly bad for our brains/eyes.

Who knows what adverse affects we're all suffering from staring at a computer screen to a television already - now add lightning speed first person shooting to the mix of it.

#9antoniobandinoPosted 10/8/2011 1:00:09 AM
I remember when Far Cry 2 came out, the boards were PACKED with people saying driving made them feel sick as hell, haha...good times. This game hasn't made me feel sick yet and I've put in multiple four hour sessions (like three...and then, you beat it) but, it did make my eyes incredibly bloodshot. Apparently, video games want to kill us.
#10Boxing_Is_DeadPosted 10/8/2011 10:06:52 PM
Stay away from Prey.