Fabricator is the best original armor.

#1marthinzenPosted 10/9/2011 10:22:10 AM
Not including Crimson Elite, The fabricator far outweighs the benefits of the other two armors.

You make more ammo than the wastelander discount earns you, and you get more health via adophis infusion than the armor of roughneck provides.

Allthough, it gets minus points for style. (it looks like donkey-butt)
#2SybilznBitzPosted 10/9/2011 10:32:38 AM
Agreed. The only arguable one is Roughneck, but if you seriously haven't fashioned $450 worth of ammo and grenades, you are playing the game wrong. The extra point of armor is hardly worth it.

As for the appearance, I hardly care. I've got a friend who laughed at me because of my goggles, but he's got his fallout new Vegas character hooked up with pieces of four different armor sets for the bonuses.
Besides, it is a first person game and you hardly see your character.
#3marthinzen(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 10:41:46 AM
No, you dont get it.

A bit into the game (spoiler) you get a schematic for something called adophis infusion.

(Via plants you collect, you make a drug that gives you more max health.)

Being a fabricator, you get one more health point per drug. there are more than five adophis infusions so eventually, a fabricator will have enough health to outweigh the roughnecks armor.

See?
#4shnangyboosPosted 10/9/2011 2:58:45 PM
He's agreeing with you.
---
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.
#5LexHardcorePosted 10/9/2011 3:01:29 PM
shnangyboos posted...
He's agreeing with you.

i lol'd.
#6shawnmckPosted 10/9/2011 3:15:55 PM
The extra health only lasts for 60 seconds.
#7KeeperofthedarkPosted 10/9/2011 3:18:53 PM

shawnmck posted...

That's the adreneline shot. There actually is a craftable that permenantly increases your health.

#8gillriPosted 10/9/2011 4:43:29 PM

Keeperofthedark posted...

shawnmck posted...

That's the adreneline shot. There actually is a craftable that permenantly increases your health.

indeed, at first I was like why the hell is it adding 11 points of healthand not 10!? thats a bit random

then I saw all the attributes and improvementit was adding to the schematics and thought...'I justtotally made the right choice!!'

#9SybilznBitzPosted 10/9/2011 7:58:13 PM
marthinzen posted...
No, you dont get it.

A bit into the game (spoiler) you get a schematic for something called adophis infusion.

(Via plants you collect, you make a drug that gives you more max health.)

Being a fabricator, you get one more health point per drug. there are more than five adophis infusions so eventually, a fabricator will have enough health to outweigh the roughnecks armor.

Already knew that, so yeah... I think I understand.
I just thought it would be a tad redundant to state that fabricator gives you a whopping five (5!) hitpoints over the entire game.
I would say its more practical use is the enhanced production of special ammunition, then the enhanced durability of sentries, but it is kind of hard to quantify the latter without raw stats from a strat guide.