What's with all the doors with a "!" on them when I get close to them?

#1darkserpent213Posted 1/26/2012 12:48:14 PM

There seems to be a ton of doors throughout this game that I can't open and when you walk up to it an exclamation point pops up. Does this mean I will be able to enter that door at a later time? I'm already on disc two and in wellspring there were a ton of doors like this.

#2FarlanderPosted 1/26/2012 1:01:15 PM
That's just the game's way of telling you that a door is just for looks and you can't actually go through it.
#3darkserpent213(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2012 1:26:34 PM

Wow, it makes it feel like this came is incomplete. There are tons of these doors and they are useless....this game is much shorter than I thought. Wished I rented it instead.

#4FarlanderPosted 1/26/2012 2:15:02 PM
Well, it makes it look more realistic. A town with only like 10 doors in it doesn't make any sense. But in real life, you would never go into all the doors anyway, and there's no reason to waste resources putting stuff behind doors that have no purpose. It just enhances the atmosphere, giving the impression of a larger world. But it's not small. If you do all the optional stuff, the game has plenty of content for an FPS.
#5DDP886Posted 1/26/2012 7:19:03 PM
Doors in most games are just cosmetics slash eye candy. Imagin if you could enter every door in GTA...
---
Take a walk on the wild side of life !
2011 Macbook Pro: 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 4gb RAM, 750gig Hd, Intel HD Graphics 3000//AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256MB
#6darkserpent213(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2012 5:51:02 AM

Farlander posted...
Well, it makes it look more realistic. A town with only like 10 doors in it doesn't make any sense. But in real life, you would never go into all the doors anyway, and there's no reason to waste resources putting stuff behind doors that have no purpose. It just enhances the atmosphere, giving the impression of a larger world. But it's not small. If you do all the optional stuff, the game has plenty of content for an FPS.

I understand your point, I just don't know why they have to highlight the door with a "!". It led me to believe I was able to open this door at a later time. If the door is completely useless, then nothing should happen when I go next to it. 

#7FarlanderPosted 1/27/2012 7:52:41 AM
I can see that they were just trying to let you know it wasn't a "real" door, though I agree it would probably be better to do something for a locked door that you can open later and just do nothing for a door that is only a decoration. Or choose a better symbol, since ! indicates something exciting or significant.
#8tisukoPosted 1/27/2012 6:45:04 PM

Imagin if you could enter every door in GTA...

I believe I read somewhere that Rockstar wanted to add more buildings/doors you could walk into with GTA 4.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u