Is there bullet delay/lagg online?

#1Lord_PwnerPosted 12/15/2010 8:00:06 AM

Is there bullet delay online? Meaning you shoot your gun and the bullet comes out late.

And is there lagg?

UT3 had both, this is a deal breaker for me.

#2_GambitPosted 12/15/2010 9:01:46 AM
Totally depends on who the host is. I still find me being able to rail people in mid air, however. Some hosts are better than others. That being said, when you search for a game, choose the host with the best bars for your connection.
#3Alfred_QPosted 12/15/2010 9:17:57 AM
Before i bought this game. I was very worried that it may be lagging non stop. I have had a few games with different hosts and i have had no lag. Perfect so far. I am very happy with this game. So much fun online.
---
Gamertag: Alfred Saxon
(Worldwide) Alien Crush Returns online players wanted.
#4Lord_Pwner(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2010 10:00:00 AM

Well has anyone had any games that dont have any bullet delay whatsoever?

#5ShamblerQPosted 12/15/2010 4:30:41 PM
Yes there is bullet lag. There seems to be an extra split second delay on when the railgun fires a shot. I do not remember that being a problem in the pc version... Or if it was implemented in this game for whatever, excuse me for not knowing.

But if that is not a issue, i've had my bullets delay from my gun from a host who had all full bars. This has happened with all the guns ive tried. :\
#6Lord_Pwner(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2010 11:43:34 PM

Thanks for that very helpful answer, I have been able to play since I made this topic. There is indeed a delay, I would have bought this tragedy, I mean game, if it had split screen... and cost less.

#7BizzyBumPosted 12/16/2010 12:43:53 PM
I noticed the delay in the railgun shots, as well. I just chalked it up to lag. Which is a bummer, because with that delay AND trying to use a controller to aim, it's almost impossible to get kills with it.. lol
#8sicvitaPosted 12/16/2010 2:18:18 PM
there's actually rail gun delay in sp too. I have no idea why, and I'm not talking about the delay in-between shots as the weapon recharges, there is a brief delay between pulling the trigger and the shot being fired. Can't remember if it has always been like that, not really one of my favorite quake weapons.

Lag online is minimal. host w/ a good connection or look for a game with one.
#9Lord_Pwner(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2010 2:36:26 PM
I dont know of SP lag with rail gun, I havent noticed that. Lag IS minimal, bullet delay is constant.
#10ThatDarnCatPosted 12/16/2010 4:50:28 PM
Yeah it looks like there's serious lag to me. It'll look like on my screen that I'm pumping some guys full of lead & then they turn around & shoot me once & I'm dead. It gets really frustrating because some people are just unkillable. I've noticed that it is usually whatever team the host is on that wins, or if it's a free for all, the host definitely almost always comes out on top with a ridiculous kill/death ratio.

Lag is the bane of all good multiplayer gaming.

Wish they could figure out a way to eradicate it.