Where the heck is the crashed plane???

#11eitherrabbitPosted 9/5/2011 10:59:37 AM
MrGodai posted...
There are 2 other quests involving "The Jungle" I think it's another map, since the stuff they require you do it's no way on the 1st map. I'm currently in 2nd City map.

Correct the jungle area starts after act II is completed.
#12nayrnyc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 2:57:41 PM
So I still haven't found the plane, but I scoured the entire island and I've come across survivors that I missed the first few times I explored. I think I have to complete 'Ashes To Ashes' to finish chapter 2, problem is that quest is marked 'Very Hard' and I'm playing solo and I need back up asap. I have to wait until some folks I know get it tomorrow.
Other than that, the game is rad. Screw Eurogamer & Destructoid for their crappy reviews. Yes the game can be glitchy as far as graphics, but that's just here and there. Gameplay, exploring the open world & levelling up is absolutely addicting fun and I would recommend it to everyone.
---
Johnny Cage is a fake!!!!
#13ROMKratosPosted 9/5/2011 3:02:31 PM
nayrnyc posted...
So I still haven't found the plane, but I scoured the entire island and I've come across survivors that I missed the first few times I explored. I think I have to complete 'Ashes To Ashes' to finish chapter 2, problem is that quest is marked 'Very Hard' and I'm playing solo and I need back up asap. I have to wait until some folks I know get it tomorrow.
Other than that, the game is rad. Screw Eurogamer & Destructoid for their crappy reviews. Yes the game can be glitchy as far as graphics, but that's just here and there. Gameplay, exploring the open world & levelling up is absolutely addicting fun and I would recommend it to everyone.

They had pretty rational reviews.
Quite honestly, I think they're pretty forgiving (a little less so on Eurogamer's part, but it's always like that).
---
All personnel should reach minimum safe distance immediately...
#14wha7levenPosted 9/5/2011 3:03:53 PM
Why's it got to be a LOST reference? Why can't it be a Jurassic Park reference?
#15theycallmeboPosted 9/5/2011 3:10:12 PM
Just a guess, but could it be that white looking thing in the bottom left part of that jungle map in this screenshot?

http://www.platformnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Dead-Island-Map-Mobile-App-Screenshot-1.png
#16Raven_ShikumiPosted 9/5/2011 3:16:11 PM
The destructoid review was perfect, did you even read it?
---
Cannot forgive the mind, drained of emotion,
that seeks eternity.
#17Conker241Posted 9/5/2011 5:07:01 PM
it would be badass if you were just walking through the jungle, and outta no where appears the black smoke and chases you.
---
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
#18thatguy2001Posted 9/5/2011 5:10:10 PM

It's a Jumbo Jet, not a needle in a hay stack!

#19Hanyou_SpikesPosted 9/7/2011 1:33:09 PM
Conker241 posted...
it would be badass if you were just walking through the jungle, and outta no where appears the black smoke and chases you.

Reminds me of the just cause 2 easter egg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ayjAlYQKs
---
Sometimes when you win, you lose, sometimes when you lose, you win, sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, sometimes when you tie, you RAGE!!.
#20RubesNGPPosted 9/7/2011 2:14:09 PM
It'd be totally awesome if, since it is a nod to LOST, that the plane warped in time while crashing and you can never find it in the game. :D
---
GT: Miles Wideshaft