Purna: Infinite Ammo Obtained!

#1Lastat27Posted 9/7/2011 9:28:08 PM
Slight recipe SPOILER for Act 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Police station contains two ammo recipes:
- Pistol Ammo recipe is found in the computer room that unlocks the cell doors.
- Shotgun Ammo recipe is found in a side office on the third floor (during a church side mission)
- Haven't found Rifle Ammo recipe yet.

Pistol Ammo Recipe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Metal Scrap x 2 = $340 (from vendors)
Detergent = $170 (from vendors)
Crafting Cost = $250
Total: $760

Pistol Ammo Received = 16 rounds (28 if you max Recycler skill.)

The Shotgun has the same recipe but has a $500 Crafting Cost and produces 8 bullets (14 with max Recycler).

Cash Trouble?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I 'say' infinite ammo but this requires a boat load of cash. Thankfully I found the perfect location to make $20000 in 10 minutes (I'm level 28 so cash received will scale down to your current level). Simply go to the front of the Hotel at the center of the Resort Map (where you find the armored truck) and loot 150 bags of luggage over and over. Enter the underground parking area to respawn the loot. In this manor you can purchase hundreds of Metal Scrap and Detergent. Even if you die you still have all of your crafting items. So you'll only need to have enough cash on hand to cover the crafting cost whenever you need an ammo refill.
---
PSN: Galactimus | Interest: Disgaea 4, Deus Ex: HR, Sacred 2
#2MorterPosted 9/7/2011 9:38:47 PM
How do you get into the police station? Is it story/sidequest related?
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
#3macnetoPosted 9/7/2011 9:41:15 PM
As helpful as your post is, it is very misleading.
---
"All Creatures Will Die, All Things Will Be Broken"
x-Box Live - Metsu Sats. PSN- Metsu-Sats
#4Conker241Posted 9/7/2011 9:46:57 PM
Yeah where is the police station?
---
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
#5Lastat27(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2011 9:47:47 PM(edited)
Reply #1: Police station is in Act 2 and is part of the main story. Progress further and you'll be forced to enter.

Reply #2: Most people are concerned that a pure gun build for Purna simply isn't feasible. However, I'm just pointing out that there are Ammo recipes, crafting materials you can stack a thousand times over, and a cash location that provides all the money you'll ever need to buy ammo with. Infinite ammo is available so you can completely unload on zombies in between crafting tables.
---
#6MrShotgunPosted 9/7/2011 9:48:09 PM
I haven't got that far yet, but wouldn't the caps on carry-able ammo limit the effectiveness of a pure-guns build in prolonged play?
#7Lastat27(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2011 9:52:55 PM
Reply #3: This is why one of the best skills for Purna is 'Rain of Bullets.' This increases max pistol ammo by 30, rifle ammo by 30, and shotgun ammo by 15. Plus the ammo held inside the clip doesn't count towards this total.

My current guns
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pistol ammo = 15 + 80
Rifle ammo = 30 + 90
Shotgun ammo = 7 + 35(I think.)

Plenty of ammo to unleash. Plus you'll be entering Rage mode like crazy if you also choose "Kills with Guns get +30% Rage" and "Kills with modded weapons get 30% Rage." Going nutso with +60% Rage Modded Guns lets you rage very often. But don't expect too much from guns until the mid 20's when you can purchase the skills necessary.
---
#8MrShotgunPosted 9/7/2011 9:55:53 PM
I'm aware of that skill, but that number of additional bullets, while useful, is hardly game changing.
#9MorterPosted 9/7/2011 9:59:14 PM
Does Providence as Purna let you find bullets from zombie drops?

Alternatively, is there a point where bullets become a zombie drop or random pickup, and not just a human enemy drop?

Just wondering.
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
#10Conker241Posted 9/7/2011 10:01:26 PM
MrShotgun posted...
I'm aware of that skill, but that number of additional bullets, while useful, is hardly game changing.

I don't know what your talking about. It's definitely game changing.
---
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.