The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Lockpick skill... worth it?

#1somnambulist07Posted 9/12/2011 3:14:49 PM
So I keep seeing locked chests, and to open them I must choose the lockpick skill. But is it worth it? Is the loot in those chests any better than in unlocked chests, or should I pick another skill that's more useful?
#2The_Doctor_Posted 9/12/2011 3:16:27 PM
I have only been unable to unlock one chest so far using the lock picking feats. I can't remember what was in it, so it must not have struck me as something too amazing. I'm interested to hear what others further along in the game have to say. Is it worth it for me to upgrade to lockpick level 3?
#3zerozediPosted 9/12/2011 3:16:41 PM
5 of the 6 orange weapons I found so far I am level 25 have been from locked chests.
---
Originally Posted by Go_That_Guy
Welcome to the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
#4NevercomingdownPosted 9/12/2011 3:19:52 PM
Definitely not. I've played about 20 hours so far with my friend who has level 3 unlocking. I don't think we've found anything worth taking even once. Sometimes the chests are just empty.
---
Gamertag: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese -CinisterX
#5MorterPosted 9/12/2011 3:19:53 PM
Most of what I found in locked chests has not been the best. To be honest, you can get it later if you want. There's no guarantee you'll get GREAT stuff (I certainly haven't), and you always have a chance of getting good stuff from normal chests. Your best bet is to get all the skills you'll know will help first.
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
#6rviper89Posted 9/12/2011 3:21:02 PM
I have level 3 lock picking. I think i just have bad luck with it. Most of the time there is nothing in the box or its a crappy weapon. I think I found 1 good item before.
---
No one ever dies a virgin life always screws you
#7scorpio manPosted 9/12/2011 3:31:32 PM
Locked chests are just like normal chests, they have a chance to have anything or nothing inside of them, but so far my cousin got it last night and he already got 2 oranges from them
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#8devak108Posted 9/12/2011 3:40:23 PM
So glad I read this topic. I was just about to dump my next 3 points into LP lol.
#9TogLightningPosted 9/12/2011 3:44:51 PM
I've noticed that if you have Level 3 lockpicking, that all metal chests will have only the option "Open." While the other players tell me it says Level 3 lockpicking required for them, if they are not high enough.
#10IronMonkey008Posted 9/12/2011 3:53:53 PM
It's pointless for the most part, unless your very lucky. Same question was asked on the PC board and someone posted the locked chest code (don't know how true it is). Plus if you do get a orange weapon, there is the chance it's under leveled and already useless. But looking at it and going from my own experience with it, it's a waste of points and your better just buying colored weapons instead.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/933053-dead-island/60297707

it's just a few posts down.
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008