Red Hot Blade Mod

#1UnzensiertePosted 9/19/2011 9:46:26 PM
I don't know if this was a glitch or not but while playing I got a Red Hot Blade mod from a level 3 locked chest. Seems the mods that nobody knows where they are can either drop from chests or that is the only place to find them. Red Hot Blade makes a bladed weapon look like a weapon with the Phoenix mod.
#2viewmaster_piPosted 9/19/2011 9:53:19 PM
I've heard of this mod's name thrown around before. Maybe some ARE dropped.
---
This is my super "secret" board. Keep out.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=565572
#3Unzensierte(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 10:01:24 PM
"While is it true that it's usually very warm on the island, and recently the climate is exceptionally hot, I decided to up the temperature even more. The idea to build this device came to me when I was boiling water using the heater. The effect comes in the shape of a red hot blade that will warm up even a cold, dead body. Try it out yourself."

Cost: $100
Parts: Duct Tape x2, Wire x2, Battery x1, Belt x1, Large Battery x1, Metal Scrap x1
Effect: Fire x1, Critical +5%
Base: Machete, The Machete, Bushmaster

As I said it has the same visual effect the phoenix mod has on the weapon. Red glowing blade that randomly flares up with fire while holding it. Its the blade equivalent to the phoenix mod, with less fire though. I believe it is that way because blades swing faster then blunt so you get more procs.
#4Deadmeat20Posted 9/19/2011 10:11:20 PM
Wait, it doesn't work on katanas? But I've been wanting a flaming sword since forever!
---
GT: Bloodredtyrant
I brainstorm with my multiple personalities.
#5legend253Posted 9/19/2011 10:15:02 PM(edited)
I'm a skeptic, show me some proof.
Right now, your story doesn't make sense. After acquiring the lock pick skill(s), chests no longer say what level of a lock they have, therefore, my bull**** detector is going crazy.
---
"Five to one, baby! One in five! No one here gets out alive, now. You get yours, baby. I'll get mine. Gonna make it, baby if we try."-The Doors.
#6Unzensierte(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 10:24:34 PM
All locked chests have a different color, grey is unlocked, white is level 1, blue is level 2, red is level 3. If you don't believe me check ingame and you will see the locked chests are a different color. When I get gold again on Friday I will be modding items for people with Red Hot Blade, 10 diamonds plus your mats.
#7legend253Posted 9/19/2011 10:30:30 PM
If that is true, I can't tell the difference by looking at the chests, and I've been playing since launch day.

My next point then would be the mats. They're almost the same mats as a high voltage mod and nothing there to produce heat. No flares are necessary?
---
"Five to one, baby! One in five! No one here gets out alive, now. You get yours, baby. I'll get mine. Gonna make it, baby if we try."-The Doors.
#8Unzensierte(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 10:34:35 PM
I just wrote exactly what the mod says, no flares are required for the mod. I know that there will be skeptics but I am sure I am not the only person to find the mod. If you have the guide or know someone with it, might tell you about the mod in there, I am a cheap ass so I didn't buy the guide.
#9Justy311Posted 9/19/2011 10:35:48 PM
He's right about the colored chests. Though White/Blue/Gray are hard to tell apart depending on the lighting. There is a distinct color for level 3 though.

(Go to Resort to the sound stage on the beach. There is a level 3 there and you can see it compared to another chest side by side.)

Now... if he's telling the truth or not... I do not know. But the chest thing is accurate.
#10IdioticgeniusPosted 9/19/2011 11:18:42 PM(edited)
*edit* wrong qoute

so basically we pay $15000 plus mats for something you pay 100 for, sounds like you would leave game when you got your payment to me, no, for $15000 its gotta be one godly mod, not just a rare one, or you'd best be providing the orange level weaponry as well
---
MHTri ,Luis, HR54 ID (B186QQ)