Are there any mods for the Frying Pan?

#1ZeroDrawnPosted 1/19/2012 3:32:02 PM
I know it's pretty unlikely, but it would be pretty wicked to throw down some bacon and eggs after mowing down some zombies with my weaponized cooking utensil.
---
You will live to demonstrate to everyone who takes a moment to listen why life is so very precious. I am so proud of you.
#2shawnmckPosted 1/19/2012 4:30:43 PM
No.
Nor is there any mods for the hat rack.
#3ZeroDrawn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2012 4:35:50 PM
Two missed opportunities for shenanigans. :(
---
You will live to demonstrate to everyone who takes a moment to listen why life is so very precious. I am so proud of you.
#4shawnmckPosted 1/19/2012 4:39:32 PM
Three if you count the chainsaw, that can't even be repaired.
#5ZeroDrawn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2012 4:47:56 PM
I havent encountered the chainsaw yet, but I bet it cant be repaired due to how powerful it probably is.

And if that is the case, this is why games should still have unlockable cheat menus as a reward for beating the game, so you could choose to disable durability and go bananas if you wanted to.

There's a basket of issues with online play and balance, of course, but I miss Goleneye / Perfect Dark's achievement-like systems of unlocking cheats.
---
#6shawnmckPosted 1/19/2012 11:29:25 PM(edited)
ZeroDrawn posted...
I havent encountered the chainsaw yet, but I bet it cant be repaired due to how powerful it probably is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ It CAN'T be repaired, nor is it all that powerful.

First of all, it is located .......

Slight SPOILERS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In the jungle, near a long bridge road where you get the side-quest to pick up various boxes of medicine for some woman & take them to the over-pass camp.
If you go down below, there is a slight wash that leads to a Jason wannabe (hockey mask & all)...and inside his hut is the chainsaw.

It is relatively weak, as it does something like 20 damage....but it is constant, so you basically catch enemies in a lock where they just keep taking damage & can't react to your attack.
All the while you are pressing down the attack button, you are using the gas...which when depleted becomes totally useless.
The only way to get it again is on your next playthrough, or by duping it, or maybe by quitting & going loading back to the same hut.
I personally was unimpressed by it.

You can go to youtube & type in Dead Island chainsaw or Jason, and it will link you to various videos showing it.

BTW
I really wish this game had a double barreled shotgun.
#7ZeroDrawn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2012 11:32:52 PM
It CAN'T be repaired

My wording was a little awkward, but I was theorizing on the reasoning behind it's unrepairability.

I'm averting my eyes from the rest of your post, as I like stumbling onto things. The spoiler warning was very much appreciated. :)
---
#8Phantomphreak89Posted 1/20/2012 11:07:15 AM

modders can put mods on the frying pan/hatrack/paddle/etc. but they are just temp. fun things to play with as they can't be reparied... i have personally seen mindblowing and homerun frying pans and a flaming hatrack, they are fun things to play around with untill they break..

#9ZeroDrawn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 10:24:38 PM
B&E Mod: Strikes with the rying Pan have a chance to sizzle up some bacon and eggs, which can be eaten and restore the same amount of health as an energy drink.

Mad Hatter Mod: Attacking a zombie's head with the hat rack deposits some stylin heaear. The zombie may die, but he'll look -good- doing it.

ChainGang Mod: Consecutive kills with the chainsaw grant gradually increasing bonuses to turn speed, movement speed, and damage dealt. This effect also exaggerates the distance severed limbs will fly when chopped off.

Thomas Hewitt Mode Mod: Don a leather mask and gain the ability to attack any target, including survivors. Additionally, your Chainsaw no long suffers from durability damage, but being knocked down will drop the chainsaw with a chance of accidently severing your arms off when you pick it up.

Oh, if only...
---
#10ZeroDrawn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 10:25:39 PM
Scuse my typos. Old keyboard with a rebellious lower-left quadrant. :(
---