Glitch??

#1reddevil86Posted 3/18/2009 5:59:39 PM
Not sure if it was a glitch or not but today something weird happened when a couple of guys were battling:
So the race starts and everybody is about even but then inexplicably the 1st place guy jumps out a ahead and its like nobody can catch up to him. Note we were racing with boost on but the leading guy jumps out to like +400m ahead. No matter how good anybody was driving the 1st will always have this massive advantage... It also wasn't on just one of the 4 machines, it kind of just gave cray boost to whoever was in the lead after about 0.5km :/
---
There's a difference between hypothetical and blatantly ignorant.
#2Serpent SnakePosted 3/18/2009 7:42:24 PM
It's not the boost. It's the machine which lags for some reasons, many players have been experiencing this glitch.

Sometimes it happens during the mid of the race. But the worst is, there're few machines which having this problem all the time. You can even feel it when you're playing story mode, the car/everything are slower than usual.

---
Top 15 MT3 cards I used mostly :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/xerpent/mt3.jpg
#3reddevil86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2009 3:47:53 AM
Yeah, that may be it... It's just so weird, it looks normal as well. After i finished i saw these two other guys battling, when one of them pulled out in front he just started to build this tremendous lead, they were both using 720 on C1 and i noticed the 2nd placed guy had trouble pushing 300km/h :/ Also each machine had there moments of weirdness, when i was battling my friend he was always winning by over 400m and before anybody says it, i don't suck and i didn't crash at all. I stopped after two races and then started battling again and this time when i hit the front i got the massive jump on them and had a massive lead.

Another thing i've noticed after not playing MT3, battling is about pushing and shoving now -.- i've not yet seen a yellow/green aura (you know the aura you get for driving 'cool' and 'smooth' IIRC). It's part of the game since the 1 and 2 but man it's live everybody doesn't even try to turn into a corner and they just ride up against and push you into a wall/obstacle/vehicle XD XD
---
#4bozz514Posted 3/19/2009 5:40:31 AM
if you think mt3 is about ramming, you obviously havent played much mt2
#5reddevil86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2009 9:20:59 PM
Ironically i would say of all the time i've spent on playing MT, 95% is on the 2nd and about 2.5% each on 3 and DX
---
#6OdiePosted 3/19/2009 9:55:59 PM
That is also seen in other ethernet linked games such as Initial D4. Dodgy ethernet card or cabling can sometimes give the aforementioned results.

---
SS Pride points +8
#7reborn_XtremePosted 3/20/2009 12:19:10 AM
Is there boost in MT3? When I ask someone, they always say that there's no boost.
#8Harm Sup LoPosted 3/21/2009 8:32:44 PM
^ I'd think so.

Another thing i've noticed after not playing MT3, battling is about pushing and shoving now -.- i've not yet seen a yellow/green aura (you know the aura you get for driving 'cool' and 'smooth' IIRC). It's part of the game since the 1 and 2 but man it's live everybody doesn't even try to turn into a corner and they just ride up against and push you into a wall/obstacle/vehicle XD XD

I noticed this too. I played WMMT1 a LOT, but I skipped out on WMMT2, and when I came back into the game in WMMT3 I realised that alot of drivers when battling they spend the whole race trying to ram each other for no apparent reason. I am still proud of the fact I never do this (intentionally) but unfortunately there are too many jerks around who seriously will ram you on each corner. I know it's not real life and all, but surely there are bound to be players out there who at least TRY to add an element of realism and don't try to scrape other cars on every corner.

On another note, in ghost battle mode, I've found the AI (representing the ghost cars) considerably more violent/aggressive than any other game I've played!
---
If you are wondering whether my username means what you think it means
-then chances are it probably does. ;)
#9reborn_XtremePosted 3/24/2009 8:43:06 PM
Yeah, agreed!!!!!!! I always come to those bunch of losers. They rammed me until I hit a truck! Such losers.........
#10TomoEK9Posted 3/24/2009 9:25:38 PM
oh quit BAWWWWING

Ramming is a part of the game, if you can't handle it stop playing. Ramming someone properly is an art. Being able to put yourself in such a position where you ram your opponent into the inside of a corner and BARELY scrape through is not easy.

Noobs complain about ramming, battlers ram back.