Game doesn't load beyond first splash screen

#11yzmanPosted 4/18/2008 1:42:49 PM
My game takes a while to start up. It will stay on this black screen for like a good 30 seconds, but then finally starts.
---
"From what I hear, Marking all offensive content in LUE = crossing out all the guys that AREN'T Waldo." -JFlllusion
#12lazerpaladinPosted 4/18/2008 4:09:24 PM
ok if you gone after the EA logo and starts to hang there, there is still a chance

but you said your problem is the splash screen hangs there and doesn't go to black

well if you see your PC and see the red light still lit or flashing, its still working so just wait

most causes are hardware failures, check on it
and dont uninstall Tib Wars if its still working, the problem might be in KW

---
We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
#13Lord_Serunson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2008 4:38:22 AM
The light doesn't constantly flash, and no i dont get as far as the EA logo, and i have left it for 20 mins and it doesnt load! I doubt it's my hardware seeing as my PC specs are more than the minimum requirements.
#14gdibehemothPosted 4/19/2008 12:03:39 PM
i didnt have your problem , i had the problem with the instalation, it would install to about 50 percent and stop.
but the fix could be the same i dont know what i did was while is was installing i went into my computer and program files and went into the kanes wrath folder now every time it would stick a new file in the folder i would open it then exit it. kinda like doulble checking it.
im just telling you to try and go through all the files then if it still dosent work explore the cd and go through the files there then try to load the game.
just keep experimenting and eventually youll find a way if your computer is up to the requierments or at least close
if your running vista then stick the cd in, then exit the menu that comes up, go to the files in the computer and go to the game file, then right click and try to run as administrator. if none of this helps then tough luck
i cant help then.
---
their is no such thing as a "fair" fight. A Fight is a conflict of intrest and in combat you fight to survive
#15gdibehemothPosted 4/19/2008 12:09:33 PM
just thought of what LordZero2007
said.
about the files being corrupted. the startup files could be corrupted. if you could find a way to go around it by starting it another way or oppening it manually. it could be like FFOW where the first couple of times the game loads and plays it is really slow .
but as far as computer specifications if you got CNC 3 TW's to work and it runs smoothly then KW will more than likely work its just finding whats wrong and fixing it. i got mine working without patches and upgrades to my computer.
---
their is no such thing as a "fair" fight. A Fight is a conflict of intrest and in combat you fight to survive
#16Lord_Serunson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2008 7:02:54 AM

I run XP home service pack 2, 3.2Ghz single core Pentium 4HT, 2Gb RAM, X1600XT Radeon gfx card. Tiberium Wars runs well on medium high graphics settings.

I now get this error when i re-installed the game just now:

"Error reading setup initialization file"

What does this refer to? Could it be the root of the problem?

#17gdibehemothPosted 4/20/2008 10:55:52 AM
^ if your talking about kanes wrath then thats the problem i had. i went throght the files on the computer the same time it was instaling.just opend them and closed them and the instalation finished and it was runnin.
i dont know maybe im just lucky.
if you go into the folder while it is installing you see that the files are popping up while your in the folder, try to go in the files while the game is installing and thier poping up in the computer. because i had a problem wher the instalation would stop and it would say there was an error then i did what i just explained and it worked.
---
Gdisoldier-your goin to take on the whole ship
Havoc-dont seem fair does it, maybe ill shoot left handed
#18gdibehemothPosted 4/20/2008 10:58:41 AM
if your talking about Tiberium wars why would its processes interfere with the processes of kanes wrath. as long as you have it on your computer it shouldnt have anyting to do with kanes wrath.Im thinking , i am not to sure about this.but if TW is working why uninstall it.
the patches shouldnt have anything to do with it , im pretty sure they just modify files therefore modifying gamplay.
---
Gdisoldier-your goin to take on the whole ship
Havoc-dont seem fair does it, maybe ill shoot left handed
#19Lord_Serunson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2008 1:16:32 PM
Kane's Wrath is the problem, Tiberium Wars is fine in every way. This error appears when you put in the DVD, and the auto-loader says something like " Kane's wrath is not installed, do you want to install it?" Then i press Yes and that error message pops up. I then manually isntall it by finding 'cnc3std' on the DVD.