Stutterring and lag issues

#1Radical_CutPosted 10/23/2009 4:25:26 PM
I've looked around and found nothing about this elsewhere, but playing splitscreen co-op on Borderlands I'm getting tons of stuttering in the audio and video. The soundtrack, voices, mostly any sound just randomly stutters and repeats incessantly every several seconds. The video sometimes accompanies and stutters and lags a bit as well. I feel as though I'm playing Crisis on my old PC all over again...it's pretty awful and it seems like others are not having this same problem?

I don't have problems playing any other game, co-op or not. Currently a few minutes into playing single player and the stuttering issues don't seem to have carried over. Anyone else have technical issues list this with splitscreen?
#2Radical_Cut(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2009 4:41:12 PM
Small update...just had our first large(ish) scale battle with bandits, and it was basically unplayable due to stuttering issues.
#3fairylandPosted 10/23/2009 4:49:46 PM

I have this game on the ps3 and the same thing happened when we played splitscreen.

What's worse is that it's even happened while playing singleplayer, and the online mode seems a bit too laggy.

I have no issues with other ps3 games offline or online. I'm worried it might be the game but, from searching online, it seems a lot of people have been complaining about the ps3 version of the game. I really like the game, but this is pretty disappointing.

Has anyone else here had any problems?

#4x_BeezyInfo_xPosted 10/23/2009 4:52:34 PM
PS3 FTL

Have not had any issues on the 360 version. I have played 90% of my LvL 33 Lilith with at least 2 or more friends... So sad : P
---
"Cant All Be Hookers and Sunshine" - ClapTrap
#5Radical_Cut(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2009 7:54:35 PM
I'm playing on 360...
#6XhadowWalkerPosted 10/23/2009 7:55:38 PM
I've never played it single player, just been playing co op with the GF and with splitscreen, I had no problems.
---
The line below is true...
The line above is false...
#70300InfantryPosted 10/23/2009 8:01:28 PM
I did a couple hours of splitscreen with the wife tonight, no issues.
---
Clan: TG (Those Guys/Those Girls)
GamerTag: TG Rabisu - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - E. Burke
#866Tiamat66Posted 10/23/2009 8:19:11 PM
It might just be the co-op, as I have played single and multi-player with no problems at all.
---
Can't wait for: Rage & Metro 2033
GT: zTiamaTz
#9bigboss71Posted 10/23/2009 9:33:37 PM

I got stuttering a couple times, but it was nothing big. I installed the game to my hard drive and it stopped. It only took 3 gigs.

#10mario_potPosted 10/23/2009 9:39:32 PM
out of the five matches i played i only encountered this once....and it only started when a new new player joined the game.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig _________GT:mariopot