Max Weapon Proficiency

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. Max Weapon Proficiency
6 years ago#1

Anyone know what is max weapon proficiency ? or if there even is one ? ..i tought it would be 10...but now my shotgun is allready 11. tnx.

6 years ago#2
It's popular belief that the max is level 50, but no one has reached the end, to my knowledge anyway.
---
GT:Ch33pTaktix
"My blood! He punched out ALL my blood!"
6 years ago#3
i am passing 40. my guess is 50, i dont think it will hit 100 but it might.
---
Xbox GT = Uriel Archangel
6 years ago#4

ok tnx a lot . btw how does weapon proficiency grow ? xp gained by killing with current weapon / number of kills with current weapon / or shots fired with it . I'm basicly wondering if you can raise 2/3 weapons to max prof.

6 years ago#5
I've assumed it raises with kills, though I'm only guessing, maybe critical hits factor in as well.
6 years ago#6
I've always guessed it raises with how good the enemy is, as after boss fights, I've gotten several level ups on a gun, and I also got level ups on a gun when a friend killed an enemy I didn't touch.
---
Less Humans More Robots http://card.mygamercard.net/Berwyn+Stano.png
http://www.last.fm/user/TheTwitchMan
6 years ago#7
it seems the harder the enemy is to kill for you the more you get for it. at level 50 i got next to nothing when killing level 30s with my revolver at 0 but killed a level 48 and when up one and ahalf.
---
Xbox GT = Uriel Archangel
6 years ago#8
it's got to have something to do with exp gained also, you can drag along a lvl one with you to a later stage and kill stuff to level them up and they will gain proficiency without firing a shot.

---
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
-Bertrand Russell
6 years ago#9
it's 50, I'm 50 with rifles and shotguns and they won't go any higher then that.
---
My Brute on Iphone - GDJDFHFE
"Procrastination gives you something to look forward to."
6 years ago#10
This is a paraphrase from a loading tip:

Proficiency goes up with the number of enemies killed with said weapon.

However as a sidenote, since I play as a Siren: Must be careful that if you're using elemental weapons not to allow the "burn", "electricutable", "corrosive", "explosive" damage kill them.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. Max Weapon Proficiency

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived