Borderlands Ending(The Vault)!!! ***SPOILERS***

#1ghstbstrPosted 10/27/2009 1:26:57 PM

Borderlands is really a great game, but I was somewhat disappointed of the ending.
The ending makes perfect sense to me, as it fits like alot of other games and movies ending where it is a curse and/or there is nothing at all.
I was hoping for a vault that looks like the one in the first original video for Borderlands.
Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3iEuTuKvdU&feature=browch

To give credit to Randy Pitchford as he has said in many interviews that:
The Vault is sort of your Lost Ark and you're in a race to discover it. It is a legendary alien Vault believed to contain artefacts of limitless power and value. A lot of that race's technology, invention, wealth, power and enlightenment is said to be stored in the Vault, but it's almost mythological as no one has ever found it. That is if it even exists.

#2GregoryChambersPosted 10/27/2009 1:28:18 PM

Finally, a person who understands the ending. There never was treasure, the vault was a prison for the destroyer.

#3tnelly12Posted 10/27/2009 1:32:42 PM
if its jus a prison then why is the key still important?
---
GT: SPE FT 12
Sigma Phi Epsilon: Loved, Hated, But Never Ignored
#4Blazing_PaladinPosted 10/27/2009 1:34:32 PM
The key was the key to the cell, so to speak. It opened the Vault, which was the Destroyer's prison.

Also, CL4P-TP Interplanetary Ninja Assassin made me lol.
---
|| GT: Malahide66 ||
#5harritjePosted 10/27/2009 1:43:13 PM
well i kinda thought the vault is infact real but it got re-closed when you killed destroyer thus making you wait another 200 years to open it, and the gun companies were the ones helping you along because they want the technology to themselves to be the best gun company
---
like a boss
-- gt: portgaplaya
#6riff429Posted 10/27/2009 1:48:24 PM
harritje, I believe you are the most correct, although it could go either way in regards to whether or not there is actually anything in the vault besides it's functioning as a prison. The gun company wouldn't necessarily know, of course.
---
I WOULD BITE A SQUIRREL IF THEY WERE SLOWER -me, a proud moment, obviously.
#7ghstbstr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2009 1:48:31 PM

GregoryChambers posted...
Finally, a person who understands the ending. There never was treasure, the vault was a prison for the destroyer.

I didn't 'understand' until it happened, and then I knew what the point was and why it was/is a myth. Of course they are going to make it sound great so you go there and the thing which is a curse(the destroyer) either kills you and everyone else(more realistic if this was real) or you kill it(in a game or movie).

#8Who knowsPosted 10/27/2009 1:49:01 PM
The planet's called pandora.

You open a vault. A vault is a storage device. Kind of like a box.

Stay Classy, Gearbox.
#9ghstbstr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2009 2:12:30 PM

Who knows posted...
The planet's called pandora.

You open a vault. A vault is a storage device. Kind of like a box.

Stay ****, Gearbox.

It is called Pandora because the vault is evil.

For instance the definition of Pandora is:

Greek Mythology The first woman, bestowed upon humankind as a punishment for Prometheus's theft of fire. Entrusted with a box containing all the ills that could plague people, she opened it out of curiosity and thereby released all the evils of human life.

and/or

Mythology. the first woman, created by Hephaestus, endowed by the gods with all the graces and treacherously presented to Epimetheus along with a box (originally a jar) in which Prometheus had confined all the evils that could trouble humanity. As the gods had anticipated, Pandora gave in to her curiosity and opened the box, allowing the evils to escape, thereby frustrating the efforts of Prometheus. In some versions, the box contained blessings, all of which escaped but hope.

#10wigi89Posted 10/27/2009 2:15:45 PM
Maybe a separate dimension with untold riches awaits us in the next DLC!!! I can only hope.