Elemental x1/x2/x3/x4 ?

#1TalahPosted 10/28/2009 3:31:34 PM
What do the x1/x2/x3/x4 on an elemental weapon mean. Are they a percentage per shot? If so what are the percentages? I have a x4 fire SMG. I also have a Lilith with 5/5 spark. I have no idea if this is redundant.
#2pkreynoldsPosted 10/28/2009 3:32:52 PM
It reflects the chance for the elemental effect to happen. x4 is the highest; with those weapons you'll almost always get the added elemental damage.
#3Lukeduke_007Posted 10/28/2009 3:36:12 PM
IT IS NOT CHANCE!
those are damage multipliers X4 means that over the time an enemy is taking elemental damage a total of 4 times the weapons bullet damage. And keep shooting because elemental damage stacks.
---
If you are what you eat, only cannibals are human.
#4SushiSquidPosted 10/28/2009 3:36:15 PM
No. It's the damage the effect causes. Elemental chance is based on the difference from your level to the enemy's level at base. Weapons can have a chance, a high chance, or a very high chance to cause elements that increases this chance, and this will always be listed. Spark and certain class mods increase the chance further. The multiplier has nothing to do with the chance, but is very important because it determines damage.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/SushiSquid.png
#5VistarPosted 10/28/2009 3:37:15 PM
Pretty sure that is the Damage multiplier of the element, the chance is listed in the text, if there is no text it's the base chance (low)

I've seen x1 with Very High chance, and x4 with high or even base chance.

---
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
-Bertrand Russell
#6Talah(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2009 3:43:03 PM
So its a damage multiplier. So your saying with a weapon that does 60dmg with x4 fire the dot tick will 240 dmg each? I'm trying to figure out the significance and value of this multiplier.
#7spacepanda229Posted 10/29/2009 10:22:37 AM
Also wondering this. Cannot find a definitive answer at the Answers tab, nor do I have the time to scan 570 pages of Borderlands board posts.

I can tell you that a x1 electric does not have the same "blast radius" as a x3 electric. I was using a x3 electric revolver just to use as a shield killer due to the radius of the explosion, the 1x wasn't big at all.