Can you equip higher weapons?

#1mrfantastic47Posted 11/9/2009 9:10:58 AM
I did a search and didn't see the answer, but I saw that someone mentioned it and now I'm curious. I can't play it for like...8 hours so I'm a little hasty to find out. My question is, for clarification, can you equip weapons that have a higher level than you are? For example, if I'm a level 18, can I equip a 20? If so, how many levels higher can you equip? Thanks, and hopefully this isn't too obvious.
---
GT - JohnnyontehSpot
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!"
#2ilovebekahPosted 11/9/2009 9:13:19 AM
What they meant was that the weapons have an "ilvl" basically (if you've played any mmo you know what an ilvl is) It basically means what level the guns SHOULD be based on their stats, and then they have a "lvl" you can't equip weps with a higher "lvl" than you.
---
Somewhere.
#3dark_dragon2021Posted 11/9/2009 9:13:26 AM
You can't equip any item that's higher level then you are
#4mrfantastic47(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2009 9:15:39 AM
Ohhhh, that makes sense. Never heard of this ilvl business. Thanks guys...I thought that didn't make sense and now I know why.
---
GT - JohnnyontehSpot
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!"
#5Gun SagePosted 11/9/2009 9:16:49 AM
The requirement shown on the weapon is what you get.

However, how it ends up working is that all weapons at lvl 50 have a req of 48. lvl 40 weapons have a req of 38. Etc etc.
---
"Work hard now and live the rest of your life a champion."
By Muhammad Ali, XBox Live GT: xDVx Ezekiel