The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How to transfer Borderlands save game data to memory card?

#1twosmalltobtallPosted 12/13/2009 2:39:31 PM
So my friend let me borrow his 360, which I purchased borderlands for. He recently asked for it back, So Ive gotten pretty far and want to keep my character and am wondering how to do this. Should I just buy a memorycard from microsoft and can I transfer the save game file and put it on another xbox? and have it work? Also how to do this? Thanks in advance.
#2BrokalivPosted 12/13/2009 2:46:45 PM
I'm not 100% sure if it will take your save on the other system unless you made an xbox live account for yourself and transfer that to the new xbox as well. All you have to do to transfer it though is go under My Xbox and scroll to the right to get to system settings and access the memory. Go to games and locate the Borderlands folder, then copy that to the memory card. Repeat on the new xbox to transfer from the memory card to the hard drive, etc.
---
Game Tag - Brokaliv
All alone i hear the angels scream my name
#3UkanlosPosted 12/13/2009 2:47:00 PM
Just put the Memory Card into the Memory Unit slot in the front of the 360. Go to your System Settings on the xbox dashboard and go to Memory. Find your Borderlands data and copy/paste to your memory stick.

At least, I think thats how you do it.
#4twosmalltobtall(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2009 3:35:18 PM
has anybody done it that can confirm? I dont really want to go buy a memory card if it wont work...
#5MushmelloPosted 12/13/2009 4:10:10 PM
First off, a question for you. Did you use your friends gamertag account, or your own?
---
A large number of people have signatures formated like this one. If you're one of the few who don't copy this into your sig and.. Hey wait...
#6MushmelloPosted 12/13/2009 4:25:54 PM
Well, you didn't respond so... If you used your friends GT, and he wants his 360 back, then if you copied the file, nothing really good would come of it, since he would have his account. If you used your own account, then you can transfer your account AND your file to the memory card.

Go to "My Xbox" Tab, and go all the way to the right to "System Settings" Click it, and go to memory.

Click on the hardrive, then click Games. Find Borderlands, then find your character save, and click it. You can hit move or copy, and then choose the memory card as a destination. You can only move or copy the save while logged into the account that is linked with it.

Next, back back out till you see the list of catagories, and click on Gamer Profiles, right under Games. You can then select the memory card, and it will move the account. You can only move it if you are not logged into it when you do so. So after you transfer the game save, log out and transfer the profile. Then you should be good to go.
---
A large number of people have signatures formated like this one. If you're one of the few who don't copy this into your sig and.. Hey wait...
#7twosmalltobtall(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2009 4:57:51 PM
Thanks for your help. So Lets say I have 2 gamertags, one that is on Live and another that is just used to so another firend can play Co-op with me. Can I transfer both? or would that leave the xbox with no gamertags and I would have to create another one before moving those two? Thanks.
#8MushmelloPosted 12/13/2009 5:10:08 PM
Yes, you can transfer both accounts and account game saves. You can do things at the dashboard without being signed in. You just can't move/copy account specific saves without being logged into the account who's items your moving. Also, if you have two remotes logged in, and try to copy the saves... Whichever remotes home dashboard is the one it will use when moving. Like say, you have two signed in, and player one hit the home button to go to dashboard... Player one will be the current player in use, and can only move or copy player one's saves. To move over player two's saves, you need to hit the home button and go to the dashboard using the second remote.
---
#9kyle78Posted 12/13/2009 6:52:18 PM
Sign into your account via said xbox, transfer your save file to the mem unit. Sign out your GT, move that on the mem card as well.Now your portable.
---
Dudes with long hair are actually ugly women, yes it's a sad truth.
If you seriously get upset about spoilers in a damn game, it's time to get a life.
#10kyle78Posted 12/13/2009 6:54:20 PM
Yes it works, I did this every time I went to my friends house. Now i just detach the HDD everytime i play at another friends house or at my womens house.
---
Dudes with long hair are actually ugly women, yes it's a sad truth.
If you seriously get upset about spoilers in a damn game, it's time to get a life.