Possible to move character from one GT to another?

#1twosmalltobtallPosted 12/19/2009 5:45:03 PM
My friend and I werent thinking when we made our guys, hes 20 and Im 36 and we both want to keep our characters and play together but we are on the same GT...is it possible to move a charaxter to a new GT if we make one?
#2etrok2003Posted 12/19/2009 5:51:20 PM
i do not think so.

if need be, i can lvl your new toon to meet your friends lvl if you want.
---
******** XBOXLIVE TAG: etrok********
***********PSN TAG: etrok**********
#3twosmalltobtall(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2009 5:54:39 PM
I might take you up on it if I cant end up moving it...
#4Stithler666Posted 12/19/2009 6:19:24 PM
You might be able to if you have a memory card, save character to the memory card bring it to the second GT, load up borderlands see what happens I'm not sure if it will work but its possible
#5twosmalltobtall(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2009 7:23:02 PM
anybody?
#6lordsofshadowPosted 12/19/2009 8:08:29 PM
i think you can but ive heard that microsoft made it that you swicth your profile you originaly saved the game to another gametags prevants you from getting any further achivements as long as you stay in the profile ......so I hear
#7twosmalltobtall(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2009 8:31:31 PM
w/e i dont care about the achievements...how do you move it though?
#8lordsofshadowPosted 12/19/2009 10:14:11 PM
out top my head ill say copy your saved game to memory card log out and sign in to your other gamertag im wonderig why does it matter on which profile you play care to answer --...
---
V
#9MushmelloPosted 12/19/2009 10:23:47 PM
Your better off having that one person help power level your new character. You would need two hard drives I believe. Copy the GT from the main hardrive to a memory card, then switch hardrives. Put the GT from the memory card to the other hardrive. When you put the other hardrive with the game files back in, you will see it says something like, "Unknown Owner", or something like that. This being because the GT isn't on the memory card or the main hardrive. Then I think you log in with a different GT, and hit copy on the file to take claim of it. Of course, you can't get any more achievements though.

Like I said, your better off having someone PL you another character and you and your friend play off your file and catch up to where you are.
---
A large number of people have signatures formated like this one. If you're one of the few who don't copy this into your sig and.. Hey wait...
#10twosmalltobtall(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2009 11:03:31 PM
it matters because if you want to play split screen together, you need to have your characters on seprate GTs