Okay.. what in the heck? My weapon disappeared...

#1Kasceis18Posted 3/6/2010 8:55:58 PM
I just beat the Dr. Ned guy at zombie island a few hours ago. He dropped a sweet purple SMG for my siren. I had to go, so now I'm playing again and my SMG is gone.... I'm left with no SMG.. I just bought a REALLY crappy one from the store now...

Why did my weapon disappear? It was a sweet SMG.. now I can't find a good weapon for my lvl 41 siren... what gives?

Also, I just went back to see if I could kill Dr. Ned again... but hes not there, so I guess its a one time deal...

So... what caused this?
#2macnetoPosted 3/6/2010 9:08:42 PM
with the new patch i have experienced the new class mods disappearing but never a weapon
---
"All Creatures Will Die, All Things Will Be Broken"
x-Box Live - Metsu Sats. PSN- Metsu-Sats
#3crsarPosted 3/6/2010 9:12:48 PM
the new patch was supposed to prevent any weapon or item which stats are non-game-generated possibilities (or so i heard), maybe the items you had were actually modded weapons but seemed legit, i know some of the stuff in my storage disappeared as well, like a penetrator.

if that was not the issue and you are sure your missing items were legit, well, sorry about that man.
---
Ain't no rest for the wicked
GT: YuriCRSAR
#4nnc_slayerPosted 3/6/2010 9:23:01 PM
maybe the game didn't save, but if i run zombie island on my siren i will let you have the smg he drops
#5Kasceis18(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2010 9:42:07 PM
I'm sure the item was legit... I was playing single player at the time and it dropped off Dr. Ned..

And yeah, whoever said that I could have what dropped on their game, send me a message.

Gamertag: Kasceis

I useing a terrible SMG now... its actually called a CHEAP SMG... nice.. I already sold the other SMG that I was using before I got that purp off Ned cause I got that. Now I got nothing... Any help would be great. Really, I'd just like to have that weapon back...
#6nnc_slayerPosted 3/6/2010 9:54:29 PM
actually since you aren't lvl48 yet i have just the gun for you
lvl31 SV430-B Malevolent Savior(dark orange)
Damage 93
Accuracy 87.2
Fire Rate 14.6
Hallelujah
+13 Ammo Regen
+56% Reload Speed
+41% Damage

Shoots a swirl of richochet bullets, and while not the best gun it was my favorite smg for a long time gt SLAY3Rth3PLAY3R if you want it
#7SuicidalPopePosted 3/6/2010 9:58:31 PM
There is a glitch with the SMG that Dr. Ned drops that causes it to become a crappy version of itself with no level requirement after you load up the game again, but I've never heard of it disappearing completely.
---
"Pope, you devilishly handsome holy man, would you allow me to bear your children?" :D
#8Kasceis18(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2010 2:48:39 AM
That really sucks... it was a good weapon too.. what are the chances of getting a good weapon in playthrough 2 or mad moxi?
#9WZR FREAK Mk113Posted 3/7/2010 6:39:54 AM
just get a bone shredder...

---
wanzerfreak: how do ultramen reproduce?
lif3st3al3r: Ultramen have ultrasex with ultrawomen to have ultraoffsprings. Duh!
#10TwilitArchonPosted 3/7/2010 1:20:16 PM
I have the same problem. Also, when i turned in the final Brains quest (the 250 one) the quest giver (I won't say who for spoilers sake) didn't cough up an item. That pissed me off, so instead of dealing with a respawned zombie hoard running back to town, I just save quit and restarted for a quick port to the New U station. When I restarted, the purple uzi was gone from my equip slot. No weaker version, no nothing. Not a big loss as a Hunter, but it is aggravating as it was a pretty sweet gun.