How do you mod weapons?

#1nicodemus4802Posted 4/14/2010 4:38:08 PM
I know I must seem like a neophyte, but I see people talking about modded weapons. How do you mod weapons or if they're already modded, where do I get them?
---
I GOT YOUR NOSE!!
#2Umbra27Posted 4/14/2010 4:39:23 PM
Other players will gladly dupe them for oyu on xbox live, otherwise you use a flash drive to save your save file and a program called willowtree or something like that.
---
"Driving leads to hunger... hunger leads to cookies... cookies lead to destruction."-The Karma Monster
#3WZR FREAK Mk113Posted 4/14/2010 4:49:17 PM
the game will instantly delete "hacked" or "invalid" weapons as of patch 1.30

however, you can still enhance your arsenal but you are only limited to legitimate parts. (machinegun components on a machinegun, pistol components on a pistol and so on...)

there are still hacked items that bypass the auto-delete feature and certain legit items that unfairly get deleted due to a glitch.

---
wanzerfreak: how do ultramen reproduce?
lif3st3al3r: Ultramen have ultrasex with ultrawomen to have ultraoffsprings. Duh!
#4Umbra27Posted 4/14/2010 4:56:18 PM
^^^ he is only partially correct as in the idea that GOD weapons are now gone, but you can still put bodies like "twisted" or "Shredder Shredders" on just about anything.
---
"Driving leads to hunger... hunger leads to cookies... cookies lead to destruction."-The Karma Monster
#5EchoesN7Posted 4/14/2010 7:22:09 PM
He's mostly correct in that you can mostly only use same parts on each weapon, but some are interchangeable. Example, you can mix and match some components from sniper rifles with semi-auto snipers, or combat rifles with support machine guns etc. In fact, in some cases as to make the weapon look not completely modded, you MUST interchange parts. For example, stocks 2-5 on a support machine gun are not viewable, so you must use stocks from a combat rifle to complete it.

The only thing you aren't restricted to is prefixes and titles...which is why you see so many "shredder shredder" or "anarchy anarchy" because of the spread effect you get when using prefixes and titles like that. Personally, I'm a bit shocked we're not seeing more "matador's matador's" :p
---
Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone
#6KillimonFRENZYPosted 4/14/2010 10:39:13 PM
there's a new revolutionary web site called "google.com" that will tell you anything you ever need to know. give it a try.
---
XBL Tag - KillimonFRENZY
#7ryan0991Posted 4/14/2010 10:42:25 PM

there's a new revolutionary web site called "google.com" that will tell you anything you ever need to know. give it a try.

Don't listen to this guy.

I heard that Google is a harmful site. My friend's dog's laptop got a virus from going there.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/bobthemaster.png
#8kiwimyweeweePosted 4/14/2010 10:49:40 PM
Gearbox forums under gearchat and look for a tpic called willowtree.
---
Greatest thing to happen to thieves is Ebay.
#9DarkRealityXPosted 4/15/2010 1:27:22 PM
The Gearbox forum post is easy to find. Just search willowtree +borderlands. First result.

Only problem is, they can't tell you how to get the save file from the 360 (or PS3) to the PC for editing. I'm guessing Gearbox doesn't like that (as you probably have to mod your 360 to do it) so they have to be real discreet about it.

---
--- Dark Reality
--- What reality are you from please? Must be dark there or something...
#10SoulreaperX112Posted 4/15/2010 5:47:02 PM
If half the people here used google, this site would not exist
---
GT and FC in Quote