Creating your own weapons in Borderlands 2

#1FatalDeathSG45Posted 8/15/2010 9:31:35 AM
In an earlier topic, I posted that the cel-shaded graphics should stay when making Borderlands 2. I also requested one thing in Borderlands 2: creating your own weapons. I'm pretty sure that's what most of you, if not all of you, are wanting in an FPS for quite a while now. Creating your weapons from the ground up, from the body to the barrel to the ammo it uses. With farming for loot a norm in Borderlands, it makes sense to have a weapons creation system so you can put all that money (and weapon creation skills) to use. If they do that, Borderlands may be the new Halo.
---
Username: FatalDeathSG45
Current Favorite Games: Borderlands, Just Cause 2, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Forza Motorsport 3, waiting for Halo: Reach
#2SokriasPosted 8/15/2010 9:33:24 AM
Because Halo has weapon customisation?

Also, Willow Tree.

Also, why not compile all of your ideas into one topic?

Also, stop posting.
---
GamerTag: Sokrias.
#3TedehsPosted 8/15/2010 9:33:45 AM
http://www.legendisland.com/Forum%20Pictures/Stop%20Posting%202.gif
---
>_>;
GT: Bot08
#4FatalDeathSG45(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2010 10:41:36 AM
I'm starting to think Sokrias has something against me...

All I'm trying to do is express my dedication to the game, its weapons, and even ideas on the next Borderlands. Every time I post something on this board, Sokrias talks down on me. Do you hate me, Sokrias?
---
Username: FatalDeathSG45
Current Favorite Games: Borderlands, Just Cause 2, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Forza Motorsport 3, waiting for Halo: Reach
#5AngherrShisspaPosted 8/15/2010 10:42:11 AM
Also, why not compile all of your ideas into one topic?

great wall of text
---
Still waiting for an english translation of Meguroko's name.
http://www.last.fm/user/Manidonteven
#6Fordman5000Posted 8/15/2010 12:00:41 PM
Maybe Sokrias hates ideas.

I'll re-type what I said - Instead of being able to make your own guns from scratch - which I think would ruin the point of looting chests and stuff - you can add attachments to weapons you have in your inventory. Say, you find a good combat rifle with no scope, get some money together, take it to a gun shop and buy one for it.

Attachments can range from silencers (for stealth, which I'm also hoping appears in Borderlands 2 since it barely does in this game), an assortment of different scopes and sights that you can choose (the more you pay, the bigger the zoom), grip for less recoil, grenade launchers that take grenades from your grenade supply (and possibly shoot the same grenades you have equipped), and maybe if you can collect a bunch of a certain item, you can use them to add an elemental multiplier to the weapon (e.g. Give 40 Spitter Skag shells to the gun shop, and he puts a x1 corrosion multiplier on your gun). Yes, my attachments are all similar to Modern Warfare 2 but I'm sure Gearbox can make my idea better.
---
omelette du fromage omelette du fromage omelette du fromage omelette du fromage omelette du fromage
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thegamesite - Join or die
#7SokriasPosted 8/15/2010 12:03:42 PM
No... I hate bad ideas...
---
GamerTag: Sokrias.
#8Buring13Posted 8/15/2010 12:15:55 PM

Attachments can range from silencers (for stealth, which I'm also hoping appears in Borderlands 2 since it barely does in this game), an assortment of different scopes and sights that you can choose (the more you pay, the bigger the zoom), grip for less recoil, grenade launchers that take grenades from your grenade supply (and possibly shoot the same grenades you have equipped), and maybe if you can collect a bunch of a certain item, you can use them to add an elemental multiplier to the weapon (e.g. Give 40 Spitter Skag shells to the gun shop, and he puts a x1 corrosion multiplier on your gun). Yes, my attachments are all similar to Modern Warfare 2 but I'm sure Gearbox can make my idea better.

i agree and disagree with this post. its definitely a good idea but eventually everyone will have the same "custom" gun. everyone will have 100% grip, the best zoom, strongest bullet, etc.

should simply do something along the lines of the "find all missing sniper parts" you find a scope, you can attach it to a white(junk) gun and slowly build it up to a purple(or another color for custom guns only). the only things you should be able to buy from the store is colors and other optional things. like the silencer and stuff.

i LOVE the idea of a grenade launcher instead of just throwing them. excellent idea. 10/10
---
Forza Italia
Sono bello, sono sano, mia madre mi ha fatto Palermitano!
#9Fordman5000Posted 8/15/2010 12:20:42 PM
Oh yes, should have mentioned it before but there would need to be a limit on what you can do with a gun - 2 attachments or 1 attachment and an elemental multiplier max. Otherwise, like you said, everyone would have the same gun.
---
omelette du fromage omelette du fromage omelette du fromage omelette du fromage omelette du fromage
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thegamesite - Join or die
#10OctotronPosted 8/15/2010 1:47:38 PM
Dude, Gearbox isn't gonna come over here for super-tastic ideas. Plus, do you know how many people have said the things you've posted.
Just please stop posting because you're full of ****.
---
"Oh, my virgin ears" - Irish
GT: Some TastyBacon