GOTY Hardcover Strategy Guide Details

#1karmafreejackPosted 9/26/2010 7:00:40 AM

According to it's listing onAmazon, the product description and details are as follows...

Product Description
-ONLY A BOOK THIS BIG CAN COVER A GAME THIS MIND-BLOWING!

This 600-page hardcover tome is the ultimate weapon for a game already teeming with guns. Packed with everything you need to dominate Borderlands and all four episodes of DLC, it s indispensible, collectible, and HUGE - even Brick needs two hands to hold it!
WALKTHROUGHS & MAPS FOR ALL THINGS BORDERLANDS!
Complete coverage of Borderlands and all DLC (The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi s Underdome, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, and Clap-Trap Revolution).
Features enhancements to our original Signature Series guide.
World Maps and Quest Indexes for finding what you need fast.
New developer tips from the Gearbox team.
All chest and quest point locations revealed on area maps.
GUNS GALORE!
The ULTIMATE REFERENCE for understanding the weapons system and how guns are generated, including the new Pearlescent guns.
Massive GUN CATALOG details over 400 weapons -an arsenal of guns (including Legendaries) from all five ****s for each of the nine manufacturers.
Exhaustive GUN GLOSSARY decodes the meaning behind the modifiers.
VAULT HUNTER HEAVEN!
Glean the full potential of all four character ****s
List of all ****mods and advice for using them
Skill trees and strategies for building the ideal character
WASTELAND WANDERERS!
A comprehensive Bestiary of all enemies including the new DLC foes.
Our exclusive critical hit diagrams identify where to target each type for maximum damage.
Plus COMBAT DETAILS for every creature, including level data, attack ****, weaknesses, resistances, loot drop, and more!
CONCEPTUAL ART GALLERY!
We ve opened the vault of artist sketches at Gearbox - a never before seen treasure chest of drawings from the game creators, featuring the bizarre creatures and environments from the DLC!

Link... http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Game-Signature-Strategy-Guide/dp/0744012627/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285252238&sr=1-1

#2AngherrShisspaPosted 9/26/2010 7:41:03 AM
MAN WITH ALL THOSE CAPS IT HAS TO BE TRUE
---
"I'll get you during my next save game."
http://i55.tinypic.com/34ns950.png ~Super-Mayor Joseph B. Steyn iii Esq
#3camelben32Posted 9/26/2010 12:47:49 PM
My favorite part is how the description says 600 pages, but Amazon's product details says something like 432 pages. Either way, sounds like a neat guide to consider getting, even though I've plowed through the game multiple times.
#4kvltblackPosted 9/26/2010 8:33:36 PM
I'll buy it for all the cool pics and any new stuff it'll have.
---
From the east to the west with plague bearing steps i march my sharp arrows of instant death, i shoot into every beating heart i will not spare you.
#5SokriasPosted 9/27/2010 6:16:31 AM

I'll buy it for all the cool pics and any new stuff it'll have.

I'll read everything that is in the book on the internet about 12 hours after people start buying it.
---
GamerTag: Sokrias.
I HAVE SOMETHING ELSE IN MY SIGNATURE NOW. :3
#6KaznastyPosted 9/27/2010 7:02:48 AM
The original guide was absolutely horrible and I got $10 that says it doesn't include all the chests as it says.
---
Son, I am so not teh concern.
XBL: Kaznasty
#7mattrulezyou80Posted 9/27/2010 7:23:31 AM
I agree. I bought that 14 lbs piece of crap and barely ever used it. Mass Effect 2 was also useless. It was so vague about all the choices you could make, ME1 guide broke everything down and told you all the outcomes.
---
Blood is thicker than water, but which one did you drink?
GT: Mirelurk Cakes
#8mattrulezyou80Posted 9/27/2010 7:24:32 AM
ME2 guide, I mean. Not the game lol.
---
#9KaznastyPosted 9/27/2010 7:39:30 AM
Worst guide ever (IMO) is a toss up between Borderlands and Fallout 3. That guide was just horrible IMO as well. The way it explained the missions with flow charts was waaaaay more complicated than necessary and that's coming from a guy who works with flow charts and tables daily haha.

The best IMO was the Morrowind guide. They broke down EVERYTHING in that guide, which is pretty notable considering the size of the game.
---
Son, I am so not teh concern.
XBL: Kaznasty
#10mattrulezyou80Posted 9/27/2010 8:02:48 AM
Never played Morrowind but I own it on xbox. I couldn't get into that or Oblivion, Fallout just clicked with me for some reason though. Maybe its the guns lol.
---