Well I found a level 69 weapon

#11Buring13Posted 11/4/2010 10:54:02 AM

Found my first pearl on my first visit as lvl 69 to the farmoury, a lvl 68 Avenger @ 9mill (the only assaualt rifle type i never use DUH!).

im so sorry :/
---
Forza Italia
Sono bello, sono sano, mia madre mi ha fatto Palermitano!
#12KaznastyPosted 11/4/2010 11:37:16 AM
"Found my first pearl on my first visit as lvl 69 to the farmoury, a lvl 68 Avenger @ 9mill (the only assaualt rifle type i never use DUH!)."

What you found is an Atlas weapon with high-grade parts... Pearl is one of the descriptors used in some Atlas item's names to imply this. The pearl you hear everyone on here referring to is a pearlescent rarity color that looks teal.
---
Son, I am so not teh concern.
XBL: Kaznasty
#13KaznastyPosted 11/4/2010 11:43:37 AM
Although I hate referring to the wiki, it's noted in the third bullet point at this link:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Atlas#Trivia
- Some Atlas guns come as the pearl edition (example: ZPR300 PEARL MATADOR). These weapons have a white with gray/blackish texture. These weapons are often more powerful and have higher accuracy, but are also much rarer than standard weapons.
---
#14Buring13Posted 11/4/2010 11:57:04 AM
ummm no. there is a Pearl weapon called the Avenger. its a pounder.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Tediore_Avenger
---
Forza Italia
Sono bello, sono sano, mia madre mi ha fatto Palermitano!
#15KaznastyPosted 11/4/2010 12:03:41 PM
Whoops! Muh bad. Gosh, I'm embarrassed now *^.^* lol. I coulda swore the pounder was just a variety of AR... Obviously I was wrong. Guess that's what I get for not poppin' in BL for a while.
---
#16kiwimyweewee(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2010 12:04:06 PM
As much as I prefer cyan over pearl but if someone says pearl and it's followed by avenger I know what he's talking about. I still think how the whole thing started was when thanatos and other weapons were white but stood above the rest in rarity were dubbed pearlescent. The name kinda just stuck.

Nice find though what are the stats?
---
The sea was angry that day. Like an old man trying to return soup at a deli.
GT: fredbeatswilma
#17KaznastyPosted 11/4/2010 12:05:21 PM
" I coulda swore the avenger was just a variety of AR"

Fixed.

I'm on a roll with mistakes today huh. lol
---
#18ItsTheSasquatchPosted 11/4/2010 12:17:19 PM
"Found my first pearl on my first visit as lvl 69 to the farmoury, a lvl 68 Avenger @ 9mill (the only assaualt rifle type i never use DUH!)."

Same thing happened to me, first visit to the Armory post-patch. Only pearl weapon I've ever found, and it's a friggin' single-shot Avenger. >:[
---
*disappears into forest*
#19CCsoloistPosted 11/4/2010 3:26:15 PM

Kaznasty posted...

What you found is an Atlas weapon with high-grade parts... Pearl is one of the descriptors used in some Atlas item's names to imply this. The pearl you hear everyone on here referring to is a pearlescent rarity color that looks teal.
---

What i was saying is that on my first visit to the armoury i found "a" pearl,not the first pearl i ever found.It just so happened to be a weapon i never like using,besides i got a better lvl61 Avenger,still dont like 'em. But i found a a 241 dmg Hellfire with top acc and fr wahooooo! No scope and a 4 stock tho booooo! Oh well....

#20stickboy2323Posted 11/4/2010 10:03:27 PM
Just found a level 69 shield that seems pretty darn good.

PNG2-50AWE Alacritous Fortified Shield
2833 Capacity
364 Recharge

On my Siren that capacity should top out around 56-5700!!!