No sound in-game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. No sound in-game?

User Info: CreepGnome

CreepGnome
7 years ago#1
When I launch the game, I get sound for the opening ads and such, but as soon as I get to the title screen there's no sound at all. The opening cutscene had music and sound, but there was nothing after I picked my character.

Anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it?
"Competitive chess, pawns only! 6 pawns per side! No en passant capture! " -arleas

CreepGnome
7 years ago#2
bump
"Competitive chess, pawns only! 6 pawns per side! No en passant capture! " -arleas

User Info: yarya

yarya
7 years ago#3

i have the same issue happening on my laptop. Can't seem to figure out the problem...

User Info: Cheshil

Cheshil
7 years ago#4
I'm also having this issue. Any ideas?
www.cheshil.com
[~NW~]

User Info: Biggs_Yamato

Biggs_Yamato
7 years ago#5
I'm having an issue where my sound will randomly stop working in-game, and won't work until I restart it. The voice chat still works, and sound for everything else works (IE if I minimize it and watch a video, sound works).
I hear Duke Nukem Forever is coming out today, Japan Time! - Singapore

User Info: Dante200X

Dante200X
7 years ago#6
I had the same problem as you TC...

Strange I got this problem after I had played the game (WITH sound) for about 5 hours, quit, then started it up again. Even more strangely, I didn't get that problem again when I exited the game and loaded it right back up again.
"because im not trying to look smart to win my argument, i have an actual case so i dont need to resort to tactics like that" - FreeIpod

User Info: maddox76

maddox76
7 years ago#7
i have the same problem
after i picked my character no sound at all
just nothing
i cant play the game with no sound

can some 1 help ?

maddox76
7 years ago#8
any help
iv been searching how to fix it
but cant find any answer

the game sucks without sound

CreepGnome
7 years ago#9
If anyone is still having this problem, try installing the newest audio drivers available.

maddox76
7 years ago#10
CreepGnome posted...
If anyone is still having this problem, try installing the newest audio drivers available.
---

it is the latest version some say that when they changed their sound card
and bought another 1 it works

so it might be working with some sound cards not all typs of it

anyway i got realtek hd audio
and ati hdmi audio dont know which 1 lol
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. No sound in-game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived