Pearl Weapons you have Found

#1CancerPendragonPosted 10/31/2009 10:34:40 AM
I've found 5 Thanatos pistols. 4 were purchased from stores, and the last was found in a locker. None were very good compared to most weapons I had. The big capacity was nice, but the damage output was lacking. Simply put, it filled no niche because I already had combat rifles and SMGs with high capacity.

I've also found one Pearl sniper rifle. I was in Playthrough 2 running over Spiderants for giggles in Commons East when I saw a white gun drop. I was like "Oh, it'd be hilarious if it were a Pearl weapon." Turned my car around, jumped out, and was like... (O.O)! Pearl Weapon!
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7859/pearlsniper.png

While its readable stats aren't fantastic, it has an amazing zoom, about 20x, I believe. Basically, I had better aim before I zoom in, because if I don't I'll never find the target. Basically, if a target were the size of an O in the text, and you zoomed in on it, the O would fill about 2/3 of the scope picture. I'll see if I can upload a demo later.

I've heard of people finding better sniper rifles, and also an Assault Rifle. Anybody have one with a card they can show?
---
Compass Productions Contributor for NextGenWalkthroughs on YouTube, Video Tutorials and Gameplay
#2strongbad900Posted 10/31/2009 10:43:16 AM
What exactly is a Pearl Weapon? Is it a quality (ie Green, Blue, Purple, etc) or does it just mean it has red text?
#3teh_VUPosted 10/31/2009 10:46:44 AM
Pearl is the highest. Kinda sucks IMO that pearl looks so much like white. Now I gotta check both =(
#4CancerPendragon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2009 10:49:27 AM
You know how gun rarity is listed as:

White -> Green -> Blue -> Purple -> Orange?

Well, there is a category ABOVE Orange. When your guns are listed in rarity order, pearl weapons (which have white text like commons) are arranged above Orange.

Pause my video at the very beginning, and you'll see the TMP88.3 Double Thanatos above all those orange guns. That is a Pearl weapon.

For the record, the complete gun rarity chart is:

White -> Green -> Blue -> Purple -> Yellow Orange -> Orange -> Red Orange -> White (Pearl)
---
Compass Productions Contributor for NextGenWalkthroughs on YouTube, Video Tutorials and Gameplay
#5venom1674Posted 10/31/2009 10:50:26 AM
Isn't pearl just a glitch?
---
Do i meet requirements for game?
Chip:radeonx300SE, DAC: internal dac400mhz and I have no video card -_- Zunamathedragoo
#6luminex1Posted 10/31/2009 10:52:35 AM
listing pearl weapons as the same white text like commons is just not nice
#7CancerPendragon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2009 11:29:01 AM
Yeah. I found the sniper rifle simply by joking to myself that the last Spiderant I ran over might've dropped a Pearl weapon. When I came upon his body, I was shocked to find that it was a Pearl weapon...
---
#8sam3610Posted 10/31/2009 11:30:06 AM
There are only 7 rarity classifications in the game's code.

"Weight_Awesome_0_VeryCommon"
"Weight_Awesome_1_Common"
"Weight_Awesome_2_Uncommon"
"Weight_Awesome_3_Uncommoner"
"Weight_Awesome_4_Rare"
"Weight_Awesome_5_VeryRare"
"Weight_Awesome_6_Legendary"

Other references like this exist for other attributes.

Now the visibly different colors are the following:
-White
-Green
-Blue
-Purple
-Yellow
-Orange
-Dark Orange

Thus, it's more than likely that Peral weapons were supposed to be classified as legendary weapons, but for some reason they aren't.
#9GanjPosted 10/31/2009 11:37:31 AM
Well this explains why some of the guns I've found that were "white" were better then purples. Granted I'm only level 22, but now this means I need to look at EVERY weapon, even "white" ones.
#10ShaamaanPosted 10/31/2009 11:44:21 AM
When you open the inventory, then the pearl weapons will be on top (above greens / blues / oranges that you might have). It's probably hard to tell if you ONLY have white weapons and a single pearl weapon.

But this brings me to my main point; what's the bloody point of colour-coding if the rarest weapons have nothing to show for them? A 20x zoom is "funky", but without a decent damage component I don't think anyone will want to use it anyway. Especially since magazine capacity alone means little when you have guns that can reload in a fraction of a second.

---
Shaamaan
Free will, is an illusion...