Can't Skip Intro Video?

#1blastimpulseeePosted 11/1/2009 8:49:03 AM
Hey guys,

Using the "complete port forward and misc ini fixes" topic, I changed the correct part of WillowEngine to:

[FullScreenMovie]
;StartupMovies=2K_logo
;StartupMovies=Gearbox_logo
;StartupMovies=NVidia
;StartupMovies=Loading
;SkippableMovies=2K_logo
;SkippableMovies=Gearbox_logo
;SkippableMovies=Attract
;SkippableMovies=NVidia

However, SOMETIMES (I noticed it when I usually take the game out of focus as it loads), after the Gamespy screen and then the save symbol screen, the game will load directly into the intro screen (with the skag getting it by the vehicle). This video seems to be unskippable. So is there a way that I can make it skippable or stop this from happenning?

Thanks. (:
#2blastimpulseee(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2009 9:10:19 AM
Bump
#3AbsolutelyAlexPosted 11/1/2009 9:25:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4haikenedgePosted 11/1/2009 9:37:12 AM
Seems like you can skip most of them, yes.
---
There's always an iller punchline, and I'ma write it.
#5X_syunikiss_xPosted 11/1/2009 9:47:09 AM
Don't comment out the skippable movies :o
#6blastimpulseee(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2009 9:54:24 AM
But those skippable movies are all the logo screens and such. The video that sometimes appears (that I can't skip) is the actual game intro. Unless one of the above skibbables is that video?
#7Gamer_supremePosted 11/1/2009 10:47:20 AM
I have the same problem and would like to know whats up. I found that you can skip it if you have the others enabled...but not if you disable them. Any suggestions?
---
I SET MY FRIENDS ON FIRE!
#8DarkslaynePosted 11/1/2009 11:39:46 AM
You only want to comment out the startup movies - if you comment out the skippable movies (notice how they have the same name) that blocks you from being able to skip it.
#9AdairPosted 11/1/2009 11:57:25 AM
I think its the "Attract" file that's messing you up. Its not necessary to bypass it.

I used a different method to bypass the opening videos. Here's what I did:

go to this folder:
...\borderlands\willowgame\movies
(^this folder is in the location you installed to, not in "my documents")

in that folder find the files:
2K_logo.bik
NVidia.bik
Gearbox_logo.bik

Rename each of those files (I usually just add a ~ into the existing name) and you will be good to go. I think you could also just delete them.
#10blastimpulseee(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2009 12:05:51 PM
Didn't work. D:

The intro still came up, unskippable. I reset the WillowEngine.ini back to default too.