How do i mod guns in borderlands?

#1ShuazoidoPosted 11/21/2009 3:04:26 AM

I just saw a modded gun on garena, a lil pistol handled by a lvl 26 which shot 3 little bullets that turned into a crazy pile of explosions and fire.

So anyone knows how to mod guns?

#2RPG Guru123Posted 11/21/2009 3:11:34 AM
I think you're thinking of the save editor this game has....
---
Refer to me as "Axel Daemon" RPG Guru was something I thought up as a child back in the day.
#3Shuazoido(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2009 3:17:04 AM

Could you be more helpful than that? wheres the editor and all?

#4RPG Guru123Posted 11/21/2009 3:23:57 AM
http://blog.gib.me/2009/10/31/borderlands-save-editor-revision-10/

I decided not to mention since I figured you wouldn't want to use something that wasn't part of the games natural set of options.
---
Refer to me as "Axel Daemon" RPG Guru was something I thought up as a child back in the day.
#5Shuazoido(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2009 3:49:47 AM

Lol i went ahead and googled it up anyways... now im looking for ways to mod a gun, but ill prolly do it after im lvl 50

#6Ah_BigPosted 11/24/2009 9:30:24 PM
hi guys, I saw someone in the game(as I joined in from Online mode), we were in PT 2, I saw this guy's hp dropped to 1 or consider died but he just cant be killed. I looked up at google that there are cheats for god mode, I would like to try it but just that I cant find the game file call "WillowGame.ini in a text editor" any idea where or how to find this "WillowGame.ini ".

I know is not good to use cheat but I just wanna play it for fun as I already have a lvl 50 hunter.
I just want to play other class character.

Thank
#7opfer_gvPosted 11/24/2009 10:38:05 PM
^ You could at least try to click the menu on top.
See here and follow instruction : http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/code/942811.html
---
After series of bad lucks, there is always good luck follows.
- Syuji Terayama.
#8Mag00nPosted 11/29/2009 1:25:52 PM
Ah_Big posted...
hi guys, I saw someone in the game(as I joined in from Online mode), we were in PT 2, I saw this guy's hp dropped to 1 or consider died but he just cant be killed. I looked up at google that there are cheats for god mode, I would like to try it but just that I cant find the game file call "WillowGame.ini in a text editor" any idea where or how to find this "WillowGame.ini ".

I know is not good to use cheat but I just wanna play it for fun as I already have a lvl 50 hunter.
I just want to play other class character.

Thank

This is what happens when a single person posts cheats on a webpage and people just copy it to post on other sites..

For those of you who cant find the file "WillowGame.ini" do not worry, there isn't one! The file you need to edit is called "DefaultGame.ini" -without the quotes

For me this file is located in this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Gearbox Software\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config

Note: I am running Windows 7 x64

For you 32bit XP/Vista guys it should be here:
C:\Program Files\2K Games\Gearbox Software\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config

**I will post more modding potential later on as I am still picking apart the files. So far I have managed to mod the XP points needed to level up per level, and am currently looking into gaining more than one point per level. It looks like there is also potential for some texture modding (guns, vehicles)

Will update tomorrow, cheers!